“Lots to do from morning to night”

Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
Yorktown, VA
“Lots to do from morning to night”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights here recently to play golf one day, sightsee in nearby Cumberland and enjoy playing blackjack at night. It's easy to find, just off the interstate.The hotel, on a smallish lake, looks beautiful when driving into the resort area. There was about a 10 minute line at check-in, and once we got to the desk, the clerk was very friendly and efficient. The spacious lobby is quite noisy because of a wide entrance into the casino area.

Our room, on the 4th floor, had a pretty view of the lake and was a good size, with attractive furniture and a big screen TV. A few negatives were intermittent Wifi; bottom sheet of the bed (which was otherwise comfy) wasn't tucked in - we did that the next morning since the maid didn't; hard, flat pillows; lamp by one bedside had nowhere to plug it in, so reading light was poor; lastly, limited cable channels available.

We enjoyed the casino - competent, friendly blackjack dealers, and enough $5 tables to be able to play pretty much whenever we wanted to. Slots do dominate the casino, but that's not our thing. Get the player's rewards card, even if you don't gamble, for extra perks, like the $3.99 early breakfast

Room Tip: Try to be at least on the 3rd floor for the view.
2 Thank CBW47
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for writing about your experience at Rocky Gap Casino Resort! I will be happy to share your comments about your room with our Housekeeping Management & General Manager. We are continuing to improve our hotel and I am sure that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our amenities. I hope you will visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Madison Heights, Virginia
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was my second time visiting Rocky Gap. The stay is very peaceful and relaxing with the view of the lake. It's a smoke- free environment inside and that is just wonderful for me.I mainly come to play the slots, not interested in the other outside activities,but you still have to pay the fees.
Casino pay off has not been to friendly with me, maybe better luck next time. I do plan to return again it's a nice drive there, the mountains are beautiful!

Room Tip: Higher floors and Lake View
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Girlonthego027
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! The fee you pay is a Maryland State Park fee that is mandatory because the resort is on State Park ground. I do hope that you will visit us again and hope you fare better on the slots! Thanks for writing about your visit!
Huntingtown, Maryland, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was our first time at Rocky Gap and the place and views were beautiful even though they were undergoing renovations. The only problem was with the way the manager handled the one issue we had while there. He was apathetic and unhelpful, though the rest of the staff was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this casino/hotel resort and even won some money! It is a smoke-free environment inside the building and was quite refreshing. There is a beach on-site by Lake Habeeb (yes, I know, crazy name)...and a golf course as well. Very relaxing atmosphere with friendly staff!

2 Thank Troy C
KimberlyR492, Executive Assistant to Marketing at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Lake Habeeb is named after Edward Habeeb, a local businessman who helped initiate the development of Rocky Gap State Park. I hope you will visit us again soon! Thanks for writing!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my first time at Rocky Gap. I was impressed with the view of the property by a lake as we entered the grounds. The stay was peaceful and the rooms were quite comfortable. Overall, I came for the casino but I would also go back just to stay at the hotel, take advantage of its spa activities, and enjoy the state park amenities.

Room Tip: Try to get a lakeside room.
1 Thank Cecelia R
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your exceptional experience with us! I hope you will visit us again soon and take advantage of our spa treatments and outdoor activities!
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Loved the spa and all of the updating and renovations. It will be even better when construction is completed...but at least no noisy from that construction during our time there.Lovely view of the lake from our room and the restaurants. We had a great time.

Room Tip: Get a lakeview room.
2 Thank 2013bjc
I am delighted to hear that you had a great time at our resort! The renovations will continue as we constantly strive to improve amenities for our guests! The construction in our backyard is for our new Event/Conference Center and will be completed in late fall.

Thank you again for writing about your stay with us! See you soon!
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Rocky Gap is beautiful. We canoed on the lake, sampled the beach, and used the indoor/outdoor pool. The pool has a nice setup, it starts indoors and flows outside. The "outside" is enclosed by a glass shelter with larged panelled ceilings that open.

We enjoyed the Signatures sports bar and our double queen room was very spacious. Lakeside Restaurant for dinner was "o.k." and I can't speak much to the Casino, because we only stopped briefly.

The one drawback for me was that I felt nickel and dimed a little bit. Also the room was a little pricey. But overall we enjoyed ourselves and would recommend this resort.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Bubblesk633
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Please keep in mind that our rates fluctuate with occupancy and time of year. Also, visit our website periodically or like us on Facebook to keep track of the special promotion we run - which will help you save on your room rate. I hope you will visit us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flintstone
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
#3 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Gunter Hotel
Gunter Hotel
#2 of 6 in Frostburg

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!