“Beautiful resort-very afordable-has everything”

Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I drove from Pittsburgh for a nights stay at Rocky Gap. We could of stayed at lady luck but the cost there was outrageous. Rocky Gap resort was very relaxing, room nicely appointed. Staff was wonderful and the casino was the perfect size with all the latest slots. She enjoyed the spa, while I enjoyed a cold beer looking at the lake. Food was average price very good. Overall very pleased.

Room Tip: Lake side, beautiful view. Ask for room away from pool, the roof obstructs your view.
1  Thank PattyPK

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I'll preface this review by stating that we did NOT spend the night at this resort and this review is based off of primarily our casino and spa experience.

As frequent visitors to Las Vegas, my wife and I decided to take a day trip to Rocky Gap Resort since it is only an hour and a half away from where we live.

We were pleased with the complimentary valet service, the staff out there does a great job. Upon entering the resort, we found the signage very lacking in helping us figure out where the spa was. A resort employee kindly gave us directions to the spa.

My wife reports that the spa was mediocre at best. There is no locker area to change in nor a shower available to use after the spa services.The massage she received was just ok and her pedicure (hot stone) was "good".

While my wife was in the spa, I hit up the casino. Again, I'll preface this by saying that I am a "seasoned" casino guest visiting casinos all over the U.S.A.

Casino staff were very friendly and there was a good energy in the casino. The floor is a bit small, but lots of strategically placed mirrors made the room feel a lot larger than it really is. I only play roulette and was disappointed to see only one roulette table on the floor. Table minimum was $5.00, which is nice to see (I was playing at minimum, $20.00 per spin). Stacey (the roulette dealer) was definitely new at her craft. but was very friendly and had a good attitude.

Play was VERY SLOW at the tables due to the manual sorting/distribution of chips and the relative "green" status of all dealers. With a table as full and busy as ours, I am very surprised the floor supervisor did not instruct another dealer to join our table to help.

After playing for 1.5 hours, the floor supervisor came over to inform our table that the minimum would be raised to $10.00 after 30 minutes and everyone at the table would be subject to the increase. Now, even though I was already playing $20, I have a huge problem with this. Every other casino (I've been to) on the face of the earth would grandfather the current players in at the lower minimum.

The floor supervisor then was instructing players at the table to move to "assigned" places so she could squeeze 2 more people in at the table who wanted to play. By "assigned" places, she meant getting UNCOMFORTABLY CLOSE to other players in order to "squeeze" in 2 more people who wanted to play. We were literally shoulder to shoulder. By the time all was said and done, we had 12 people at our table throwing elbows to place a bet. After this ridiculousness, I colored out and left the table.

Lots of potential here, but other than the proximity to my home, not a whole lot to make me want to come back. I was having a "decent" time until the idiotic floor supervisor decided to treat our table like a ringling brothers clown car.

Room Tip: avoid rooms close to construction
4  Thank LetsGetCritical
Reviewed July 21, 2013

They tell you to use the room safe for valuables however it was misting and cloudy no need for sunglasses. Returning to our room 2 hours later we discovered that my Maui Jim $250 sunglasses were no longer on the dresser. We reported them missing to Security. A day later they came up with a totally ridiculous report. The time we used our key card to enter the room was 1 hour before we actually returned. The time they gave the room was entered for cleaning was 1 hour after we returned to the obviously cleaned room. Never heard from them again. Apparently the staff there is working a little side job.
We will not return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PeggyAlice
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We spent four days at Rocky Gap. My wife really liked the spa, the spa facilities, their personnel, and the treatments. She had seven treatments and was extremely pleased and says they were well worth the price. I spent most of my time and energy in the Casino. It is smaller than the other nearby casinos, but the selection of machines is good and the pay-out seems better than the others. And the casino promotions were very generous (like the "Stay and Play" Mondays and Tuesdays which gave $149 free slot play for each Monday and Tuesday you stay at the hotel). The restaurants and bars are kind of small, but that makes them more personal and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thomas P
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I have enjoyed the quiet, relaxing atmosphere at Rocky Gap Resort for many years. We enjoyed the golf course and the lake, and the theme of good health, recreation, and nature. Enter the casino. Our most recent experience was diminished by the construction equipment for the new conference center by the lake (we weren't told about this when registering), the focus on feeling "lucky" for gambling, and the crowds (good for the bottom line).

There were few "healthy" choices for meals, and the service was slow.

Very disappointing experience. The golf was still good, but the resort was a disappointment.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms on higher floors (4 and up) would be better if not for the active construction site o...
1  Thank 682Tom682
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Would definitely visit again in the future. The rooms are very nicely decorated. The property is well kept and very clean. There is a nice selection of dining available. The casino had my wife's favorite machine which made her very happy.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a place to go for some serious R&R ..Golf ,fishing (bring your own bait) ,casino, pool, boating, and good food. Then there are the views, breath taking. The property is very well kept, even in a remodeling phase. Was very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Lake view is the way to go..
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flintstone
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in LaVale
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!