WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff was very friendly. The views were great. The food was good. We had a very relaxing time there and would go back again. I would recommend this hotel to couples and families, there is plenty to do. A lake...campground nearby, golf, tennis and basketball...also hiking.

Room Tip: We got a great rate through living social deals
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank duck1205

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
Freeland, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Rocky Gap Lodge and Golf Resort in March is absolutely beautiful. Even with the construction in progress, the Lodge/Hotel's appearance is clean and welcoming. Every member of the Staff at the Hotel was pleasant and extremely accomodating. Our room overlooking the lake was clean and spacious and the price was quite reasonable. We only spent one night, but it truly would have been nice to spend a couple of days. The atmosphere is relaxing at the Resort. The food at the restaurant was fit for a King and Queen. The Breakfast Buffet on Sunday morning was filled with a great variety of choices, fresh and delicious. We hope to be heading to Cumberland, Maryland soon to spend more time is this historic town and stay at a hotel where you feel like it's home. Thank you Rocky Gap for making our weekend so nice.

Room Tip: Although any room would be nice, a room with the view of the lake just helps to make you feel that y...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were checking out the historic buildings and lovely architecture in Cumberland, and decided to stay the night at the Rocky Gap Lodge. We could not have been happier with our decision. The check in was friendly, our room was very comfortable and had a lovely view. We had decided to get dinner at the lodge and what an excellent thing that was! We were both pleasantly surprised by the high quality of the food ( we ordered a la carte,although the buffet looked good too). My fish was perfectly prepared, as was the caesar salad and creme brulee, which was beautifully presented with a real orchid. The waitress was really good and very pleasant. The next morning,before leaving we asked the young woman at the front desk about the place and she patiently and enthusiastically told us about the history of the lodge and gave us some suggestions on what to do. I think it would be great to go back in the summer or fall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed over night for Valentine's Day weekend. The front desk staff was not friendly in the least. I'm not even sure if either girl even smiled. They acted as if we were bothering them. Although I did interrupt one of them to ask a question while she was on her cell phone and she made it clear that she did not appreciate it. The food was not good at all. The main restaurant was crowded so we ate at Signatures Bar and Grill. The service was good. But I found some kind of shredded wood in my nachos and my husband found a broken tooth pick in his sandwich. They did take the nachos off the bill. We went over to the bar attached to the restaurant for a late night drink and had to sit at the bar as every table needed bussed. I believe we were there for about 45 minutes before staff started clearing them. They are currently building the casino at the "resort". They have a long way to go to be a successful casino I believe. The first step would be to get rid of, or train, the lazy front desk staff in proper hotel service! I would not stay here again nor do I think I will be visiting the casino.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Gina K
Vienna, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed for three nights this December with our two young children and had a great time. While this is only an average property in terms of the dated rooms and food - the location and amenities make this a great place for a family trip. Kids will love the indoor pool. There is a beauitful lobby fireplace seating area for games and reading. The grounds and lake offer tons to do and the ski resorts are a very manageable drive of 45 minutes. The restaurants are average, but not bad. Service is friendly. I had two spa treatments which were better than expected but the massage treatment rooms had thin walls and were a bit noisy. When the weather allows, the firepit is a welcome place to relax outside.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room with a view of the beautiful lake.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank LoveTaxidia
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I were part of the "weary travelers" mentioned in the "Snowed in at Christmas" review. Rocky Gap Lodge was very accommodating to all of the travelers stranded due to the wrecks on I-68. They could have price gouged us but didn't. The staff worked very hard, gave 110%, even though I am sure they had many call offs due to the weather. We were so thankful they had a room for us. The onsite restaurant and bar was an added bonus! The room was very clean and what I saw of the property the next morning was beautiful. Yes the room was a little tired. The bathroom was small (think older Holiday Inn) but there was a nice counter/mirror outside the bathroom to get ready. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I am in the area, and I am so grateful we had a nice warm, clean, comfortable room to spend the night in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Flushing, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

So you want it all.. Full on nature but the amenities of a Hotel. You can have it here. My fiancée and I went on the lake, rode segways through the Forest, and relaxed by roasting marshmallows at the fire along the serene lake. We sat by the lake and meditated next to the ducks. This was an awesome trip for us.when we got bored of being all nature- y we would walk one minute to our room or the dining area. If you want a nice nature vacation but are too scared to venture to the mountains of Alabama this is definitely for you!! There was also a good mix of people there. So young or old, black or white, check this place out!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank theshamanadanielle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flintstone
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
#2 of 4 in Cumberland
BEST WESTERN Braddock Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 6 in Berkeley Springs

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!