Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland(Cumberland)(Great Value!)
$89
$45
$81
QualityInn
1,320 results
All reviewsstate parklakeside restaurantlake viewslot machinesboat rentalsbreakfast buffetbar and grillspa serviceswestern marylandpro shopfree slot playnice weekendcrab cakesrocky gap casinonon smokingbeautiful propertyindoor pool
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed over night for Valentine's Day weekend. The front desk staff was not friendly in the least. I'm not even sure if either girl even smiled. They acted as if we were bothering them. Although I did interrupt one of them to ask a question while she was on her cell phone and she made it clear that she did not appreciate it. The food was not good at all. The main restaurant was crowded so we ate at Signatures Bar and Grill. The service was good. But I found some kind of shredded wood in my nachos and my husband found a broken tooth pick in his sandwich. They did take the nachos off the bill. We went over to the bar attached to the restaurant for a late night drink and had to sit at the bar as every table needed bussed. I believe we were there for about 45 minutes before staff started clearing them. They are currently building the casino at the "resort". They have a long way to go to be a successful casino I believe. The first step would be to get rid of, or train, the lazy front desk staff in proper hotel service! I would not stay here again nor do I think I will be visiting the casino.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gina K
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed for three nights this December with our two young children and had a great time. While this is only an average property in terms of the dated rooms and food - the location and amenities make this a great place for a family trip. Kids will love the indoor pool. There is a beauitful lobby fireplace seating area for games and reading. The grounds and lake offer tons to do and the ski resorts are a very manageable drive of 45 minutes. The restaurants are average, but not bad. Service is friendly. I had two spa treatments which were better than expected but the massage treatment rooms had thin walls and were a bit noisy. When the weather allows, the firepit is a welcome place to relax outside.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room with a view of the beautiful lake.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank LoveTaxidia
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I were part of the "weary travelers" mentioned in the "Snowed in at Christmas" review. Rocky Gap Lodge was very accommodating to all of the travelers stranded due to the wrecks on I-68. They could have price gouged us but didn't. The staff worked very hard, gave 110%, even though I am sure they had many call offs due to the weather. We were so thankful they had a room for us. The onsite restaurant and bar was an added bonus! The room was very clean and what I saw of the property the next morning was beautiful. Yes the room was a little tired. The bathroom was small (think older Holiday Inn) but there was a nice counter/mirror outside the bathroom to get ready. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I am in the area, and I am so grateful we had a nice warm, clean, comfortable room to spend the night in.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

So you want it all.. Full on nature but the amenities of a Hotel. You can have it here. My fiancée and I went on the lake, rode segways through the Forest, and relaxed by roasting marshmallows at the fire along the serene lake. We sat by the lake and meditated next to the ducks. This was an awesome trip for us.when we got bored of being all nature- y we would walk one minute to our room or the dining area. If you want a nice nature vacation but are too scared to venture to the mountains of Alabama this is definitely for you!! There was also a good mix of people there. So young or old, black or white, check this place out!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank theshamanadanielle
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The view of the lake and mountains at Rocky Gap is a 5 however I would not consider it a resort. In the past it has been a wonderful family friendly property. It has a lake with a man made beach, volleyball nets, indoor pool, hiking trails and other child friendly activities. On a recent visit we noticed they removed the playground from the property. Slot machines will be arriving soon and I am hoping it does not take away the peacefulness and family friendliness from this property. The staff is not always the friendliest but rooms were clean. Prices are fair and it is a wonderful location and place to get away from the hustle and bustle of life. I hope the new owners invest money updating the rooms and staff on proper customer service. Asking them to smile and educating them about the property would be a great start! We will go there again as the view is breathtaking.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family