Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland(Cumberland)(Great Value!)
$99
$54
$42
Priceline
1,314 results
All reviewsstate parklake viewslot machinesboat rentalsoutdoor activitiesbreakfast buffetbar and grillspa serviceswestern marylandpro shopfree slot playnice weekendcrab cakesrocky gap casinonon smokingindoor poolcoffee maker
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My fiancee, dog and I had a wonderful time overall on our 'weekend retreat'. The best part about Rocky Gap Lodge is definitely the location. It's a truly beautiful place to hike along the lake or in the park, relax in the pool/spa/gazebo/by the lake or participate in the activities at the lodge and in the area. The food, service and rooms/amenities were also good although nothing spectacular.

We love any opportunity to bring our dog on vacation so were thrilled when we saw on the website that they allowed pets. Unfortunately, although they technically allow dogs, I would not consider them very "pet friendly." The front desk spent a ton of time spouting all of the rules for having the dog and did not once even welcome me to the hotel. We had reserved a "golf view" room, however, it was really "no view" because we were down in the ground level with a view of trees and a hill up to the road that leads to the reception area. No scenery (including golf course) whatsoever. We were unable to move because dogs had to be on the ground floor, which makes sense but considering the views are the best part of this place, it was a little disappointing. We forgot his food bowls, so I asked the Signatures restaurant if we could borrow one to feed him and she said she only had a styrofoam to-go container (not surprisingly, when I ordered chili in the same restaurant for lunch the next day, it was served in a bowl!) The friendliest service we received was from the housekeeper, who came to clean our room when we took the dog out for a walk so it would be ready by the time we got back.

The worst part was upon check-out, I noticed a nonrefundable $75 'pet fee / deep cleaning' charge on our bill. I've had charges of $10-25 / night for pets, but $75 for a two night stay is pretty outrageous. They also didn't warn me about it on the phone in advance, which would've been nice.

I would recommend that Rocky Gap either change its pet policy or become a little more inviting to its furry guests.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
15  Thank laura93983
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We had a great 4 day getaway at Rocky Gap Lodge. We got a great rate and were very pleased with our accomodations. The rooms were comfortable. Our carpet needed to be replaced and some of the furnishings could be updated. The facility was very clean and the grounds were well cared for. We couldn't believe how quiet it was. In 3 days, we only ran into 2 people in the hallway... one was a housekeeper. On our last day, a conference was being held, so there were more people. We enjoyed the nightly campfire with marshmallows to roast. Tim was a master fire builder and was very personable. The jacuzzi was great and the pool was cool. We never saw anyone else use the pool. The Aviary was really neat and well maintained. Go during late afternoon when they feed the birds. We love the trails around the lake. Hiking to the dam is a must. Don't forget to go to the overlook and stop by the little cemetary. We really enjoyed our September trip to Rocky Gap and look forward to going back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smcclelland54
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I were planning a trip to see our family in Delaware and were looking for a place to stay half way between Ohio and Delaware to break the trip up into 2 days. She happened across Rocky Gap Lodge and they had a great Facebook deal, so we thought we'd give it a try.

When we arrived the place was stunning! The lodge is right next to Lake Habeeb and nestled right around a beautiful golf course which is right off the highway. All was not well when we first arrived though as the internet sales person had by mistake booked my family of 4 into a room with only 1 bed! The staff at the counter seemed to be unwilling to fix this issue. I asked for a manager and the person who drew the short straw was a food service manager. He was very nice, but obviously the hotel rooms were not his area of expertise. He however went way above and beyond the call of duty. He checked availability and offered to give us the Governer's Suite for the same price that night! We had gone from the outhouse to the Penthouse!

The accommodations were top notch. The service provided by the staff was excellent. The food at the attached restaurants was first rate. We did not play golf, but we did rent a paddle boat on our return trip home as well as swimming in the indoor/outdoor heated pool. A bad experience was turned into a good experience, which brought us back to stay at the same place on a trip back home at the end of our vacation.

We loved Rocky Gap Lodge so much we've planned another trip back this fall to visit just Rocky Gap Lodge and explore all the things they have to offer.

Do yourself a favor if you are traveling anywhere near this resort and stop by for a very memorable experience. Rocky Gap Lodge and Golf Resort truly ROCKS!

Room Tip: Book a family suite to get a little extra room. Also, higher floor rooms have a better view of the lake on the lake side of the lodge.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jcoulter43
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here on a summer weekend getaway, and despite the heat managed a canoe outing every morning. The location and room were beautiful - didn't bring the golf clubs this time but the course looks good. You could theoretically stay at the hotel for every meal, but that would be a little pricey.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Though I have lived in Maryland for years, I never made it to Rocky Gap. I had heard of it through friends but it did not get glowing word-of-mouth. However, I think it's underrated - we had a wonderful weekend here, and would return! The setting is very beautiful, and the hotel property itself has much to offer. The room decor is average but comfortable and clean. The restaurants are very good and have a lot of choices and a great view. We also ordered room service and were happy with that. There is a spa, pool, boat rentals (which we did and really enjoyed!), nightly campfire, kids activities and more. You can hike or go to the beach without getting in your car, and can drive easliy to Cumberland which is an interesting town to visit. This is a great way to spend a weekend!

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family