“Best Crabs in Town”

Mr. Bill's Terrace Inn
Ranked #21 of 64 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 8, 2012

A few years back, the Eagles were in town to play the Ravens. I had 25 friends and family one down to Maryland from Philly for the game. They all wanted crabs so after asking around we chose Bill's to host our feast. And what a feast it was. The crabs are the best I've had in Maryland. The servers are both efficient and fun. The bar where you wait before being seated is great for all ages. I enjoyed my time at Bill's so much we've made it a point to go out of our way to do our Crabs their every year.

There are newer reviews for Mr. Bill's Terrace Inn

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Seasoning is better than Old Bay, though similar. Crabs are heavy, imported in winter, so always fab...according to the locals. Service is slow and basic. Looks like a crab house, old and worn. Have to ask for real butter, btw. It's also very loud.
Best crabs ever! Don't know about the rest of the menu, just went for the crabs.

Reviewed October 4, 2010

I have been going to Bill's for years. The crabs were always excellant and the menu was priced accordingly. My last visit was my last visit. The crabs seemed to be mixed with fresh and reheated from the previous night. My wife, who does'nt enjoy crabs, ordered off the menu. $28.95 for the seafood platter. It consisted of a home made crab cake, which was good. The 1 piece of haddock, 2 fryed shrimp, and approx. 1/4 pound of fryed clam strips were from the frozen section of the grocery store. Gordons, Van de Camps or Mrs.Pauls. No sides were served. They also changed to a crock of soup from your choice of a cup or bowl for $7. I also noticed that the dining room was half empty. It was always full before. You had to get there early to get a number for the first seating. Is this why the prices have increased and the quality has decreased to of set the lower participation? News for Bill's, I will never come back nor will anyone else I know!!!

1  Thank pappychub
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Nowhere else in Baltimore will you get the fantastic monster Blue Crabs that Bill's have all year long,these lunkers are not papershells but stuffed. Worth every red cent!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 19, 2009

Great big crabs - always a wait for a table - a long wait.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Mr. Bill's Terrace Inn? Share your experiences!