“Gracious hospitality.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stonehurst Inn Bed and Breakfast

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Emmitsburg
Stonehurst Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added Stonehurst Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
9436 Waynesboro Road, Emmitsburg, MD 21727   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Emmitsburg B&B and Inns
NJ
“Gracious hospitality.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

One of the best places that we have ever stayed! Fabulous home, clean, lovingly maintained. Our host was extremely hospitable and gracious. Lovely hot breakfast in the morning, prepared to suit our schedule. Enjoyed cool evening breezes sitting on the second story porch that was accessible from our room. Very reasonable rate.

• Stayed May 2009

Solo
Business
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

My wife and I were going to Gettysburg for the weekend and had trouble finding an acceptable hotel with a vacancy. We widened our search to 10 miles and found this B&B. We are glad we did. The owners, Don and Marie, were wonderful hosts. The room we got had a comfortable king bed and private bath. It also had access to a veranda that wrapped around over half of the house. The views and the solitude of this location were wonderful. Don met us each morning at the breakfast table and had a tasty and filling hot breakfast for us. Don and Marie provided us with recommendations of where to go and what to do. When we returned one of them was there to ask how we enjoyed the day and showed a real interest in what we had to report. When we left it felt like we were leaving old friends. As an added bonus, the room rate was much more reasonable than anything we checked in the immediate Gettysburg area and it was only a short drive to downtown Gettysburg. We will stay there the next time we travel that way. Thank you Don and Marie for a wonderful weekend stay.

• Liked — Don and Marie, the friendly hosts.
  • Disliked — Too little time to fully enjoy the property.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
Sabillasville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

I telepohoned the owner of Stonehurst Inn to inquire about his rooms, (I was looking for lodging for my Aunt and Uncle and a friend of theirs) and I found the owner to be very unfriendly and unhelpful. I asked if I could drop by and view the available rooms for the date I had requested and he told me he was very busy. Then I asked if both rooms had attached bathrooms and he replied no, only one had. I said I thought that that may be a problem and he HUNG up on me before I could get any further information from him. I was shocked. Not a B&B I want family staying in.

Stayed August 2007
4 Thank travel12387
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2005

Recently, I had business in the Emmitsburg, Maryland area. This bed and breakfast, The Stonehurst Inn, was not only charming, reasonably priced, roomy and very comfortable but also exemplified "service with a smile." The owner, Don Sanderson, provided truly delicious and ample breakfasts, taking my dietary needs into consideration. The room I had was beautifully appointed, as was the rest of the house. There was a pond that I could watch each morning as I prepared for my workday. What a great alternative to the standard motels that I sometimes must inhabit.

Mr. Sanderson had just the right balance between friendly interaction and allowing me privacy and peace. This B&B was a great location for my work, but even better - it was only 10 minutes from Gettysburg, PA. When I finished my research, I spent a truly informative and moving two hours taking a private tour of the battlegrounds. While the story of the Civil War was fascinating, the topography of the land was also illuminating; it helped clarify for me how the battles were fought. I highly recommend this B & B.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emmitsburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg
3.5 of 5 stars 153 reviews
Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center
Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn
Brickhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Stonehurst Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!