“An Emmitsburg Tradition”

Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Emmitsburg
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The OTT House, run by the OTT family is a tradition in Emmitsburg. Whether you are vacationing in the scenic country around Emmitsburg or you are here to attend the National Fire Academy or the Emergency Management Institute the OTT house is a must stop location.

I have eaten many meals with Bobby and his family and have always been pleased. Though set in a pub atmosphere, they feature a full menu and wonderful deserts. If you are a fire buff you will love their collection of Fire Department patches from all over the world. Understand when I say collection, theirs is second to none with thousands lining the walls, the bar (under lacquer) the display holders, and about everywhere else someone can place one. The staff is absolutely great, they encourage you to enjoy your visit and from you very first visit will treat you like an old friend.

One of my fav meals is, of course, the wings and on Monday night accompanied by the Yings. These are not your typical wings they are smothered in a sauce of your choosing and accompanied by a serving of celery and dressing. A regular order is all I can eat. If you prefer, I have eaten several of their entrees and never been disappointed. But I admittedly usually have the wings and a brew.

2  Thank DavidCompton

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch. Steamed shrimp and steak and cheese sandwich were good. Would definetly go back when I am in the area!

1  Thank Softball15
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a relaxing lunch at the Ott House, a quick walk from where my in-laws live. We had not been there before and were charmed by it. It's more than a college bar, but not a fine dining establishment. It reminded us both of a couple of great old "joints" in Hampden in Baltimore. Good, friendly service, great no-frills food. I had a chicken sub, my husband had a burger. We split what may be the world's largest basket of hand-cut fries. We were asked by our waitress if we wanted a piece of red velvet cake to go. We said yes -- because why would you not?? -- and that, too, was a great decision. We'll be back.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Ott House is family run, with the owner usually behind the bar, ensuing everyone is well taken care of. The prices are dirt cheap but the food is cooked to order and good. Many locals frequent this place, and its decor pays homage to firefighters everywhere around the world, with colorful patches from different locations being donated to the owner ll the Imelda. It's "walking distance" proximity to the NETC/FEMA training facility brings in many students from emergency services around the world. There are pool tables in back and 2 electric dartboards. The desserts are all locally made by Main Street Sweets and are excellent. If you want a tasty spin on the buffalo chicken sandwich, order it with mild sauce. The taste is like a mix of sweet chili and buffalo. Delicious! Drinks are also well priced and the pour is strong. If you are In the area, visiting close-by Gettysburg, or golf/skiing at Liberty, stop in for lunch or dinner and go where the locals go!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Good sized portions. Fries were great, burgers were average. Cool firefighter patches from all over on the walls.