“Always a Lovely Time with Good Food”
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Emmitsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We drive all the way from Washington, DC to eat at this charming restaurant that has very nice food.

Is it an urban foodie's destination? No (speaking as a person who has eaten at Michelin Star rated restaurants).

In my opinion it does have solid food that I always enjoy. The trip and the cute town are as much part of our experience as is the meal.

I have never eaten the brunch. Buffets NEVER meet my dining expectations.

The staff is always friendly and accommodating.

Pie is homemade (not "bakery" homemade). Any place that can say that just moved up my list of places to eat. Pie, yummmmm!

2  Thank Lulea2014

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting Gettysburg and looking for a good meal and willing to pay for it. I read reviews of the Carriage House and we decided to give its try. Let me help you out, food was poor, I had the Crab Cakes my Husband had the Rock Fish ( special) for starters Bread was stale, broccoli was an odd brown color, potatoes were mush, main courses were bland. tried to salt and pepper my food, had to remove the lids from the shakers to find they were hard as rocks ! My husbands Rock fish portion was thinner than aslice of Lime garnish on his plate ( 26.00)!! Brie appetizer had to be some frozen thing from a box! My suggestion is to find another place, save your money!! On a positive, Ashley was our waitress and a nice girl.

1  Thank momrt
Reviewed April 20, 2014

reservations at 5 on easter dinner 2014 they were out of lamb no sweet tea had tiny pieces of ham beef was so dry they couldn't slice it literally crumbled. desserts were down to dry cupcakes and cookies out of all pies and cakes. still charged us full price. 25.99 a person really???? i would have had better food at golden corral and only 10.99 a person. won't eat here agian!

1  Thank bawlk
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I've eaten at the Carriage House at least 20 times....probably more. We have relatives in the area and there is really no other decent place to eat.

My family and I have enjoyed the Easter Buffet for at least 5 years in a row. I sure wish they would update the menu a bit by adding fresh sauteed veggies, maybe losing one of the "not so great" main dishes and lowering the price a bit....even a $5 decrease would be appreciated.

There are no good vegetable dishes but plenty of main dishes.

Why do we come back every year? The staff is super wonderful, the restaurant is quaint and clean and it's so convenient for us we'd probably keep coming no matter what.

I must say I believe the food was actually improved a bit this year (except the lamb) but can we please add some roasted broccoli and/or sauteed spinach? And do keep the brie, crab dip, and salmon!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have eaten here for lunch and dinner several times. It is a lovely restaurant, with great service, and delicious food. The crab cakes are especially good. It is not inexpensive, with more city prices, but not unwarranted. The portions are good, and everything including the desserts, is just tasty. This is the place to go for a nice date, a lunch with a guest, or a refined dining experience. Call for a reservation to be sure, but walk ins are usually accommodated too.