“Fecal Matter in the Shrimp”
Review of Rube's Crab Shack

Rube's Crab Shack
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Emmitsburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This place just opened about two or three weeks ago. There is also a Rube's restaurant with the same owners in Thurmont, MD.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Went there on a Saturday night and ordered a pound of steamed shrimped. The shrimp came and were not deveined (the black vein across the back that contacts the shrimp's poop.) When I asked to send them back because I did not want to clean the shrimp as I ate them and to have them removed from the bill the manager refused because "there was nothing wrong with them and they weren't spoiled" THERE WAS A PROBLEM, POOP WAS IN MY FOOD!!!!

So I'm out $16.95 for a pund of shrimp that I did not want because there was crap in my food.

4  Thank Josh M

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went here hoping for better crabs and they have them. Fresh steamed and not sitting around to be re-steamed. I love the fried and steamed shrimp with the AYCE. They are really great. The salad bar looked mediocre although I didn't try it and the Maryland crab soup was decent. Would recommend this no frills restaurant for the AYCE. My husband does not eat seafood and was very pleased with his entrees on all occasions.Service is hot or miss. They have a bar and cheap beer. The decor is nautical and not over decorated.

2  Thank Sara R
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Went to Rube's for crabs. The meanest woman waited on us if you want to call it that! We drove an hour out of our way, we had planned on eating lunch while waiting for our crabs Togo..... We were not offered a drink and never even came back to us at the bar. Horrible horrible horrible woman!!!!!

2  Thank Ginacm1331
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Just a little restaurant...mostly long tables...you won't find a table for two... but food was very good. However, beware of the menu prices! We got the seafood platter which the menu price was $22.95 however when we got our bill we were charged $24.95. When we questioned this they said it's because we got our seafood platter broiled instead of fried. They do not distinquish in the menu a price for fried & a different price for broiled. They used the disclaimer at the bottom of their menu about market prices & subject to change as a cop-out when we told them we were not told there is a difference in price when we ordered the platter broiled. We had to pay the $24.95. One other sidebar note...We had a party of 10...when the waitress brought our platters out instead of delivering each persons meal to them the waitress stood at the end of table & passed everyones meal down the line. I thought that was kinda tacky as there was plenty of room for her to deliver each ones meal in front of them...there were no other customers sitting next to our table.

3  Thank travel4me2012
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This little family owned operation is a hidden gem. Does not look like much from the outside and interior is also very run of the mill but the who cares about any of that when you have such good food. The staff are also very friendly and accommodating. I am not a crab picker so I can't speak for them, but I can say the steamed shrimp and crab cakes are second to none and at a good price. I try and eat here once a week if I can swing it.

1  Thank MafiaMom