“Good Barbecue Picnic Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Chubby's Barbeque
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Emmitsburg
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Frederick
“Good Barbecue Picnic Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stopped here again on the way back from a weekend in Jim Thorpe PA and got the same dish we get every time, 1/2 barbecue chicken platter with iced tea. The outside appearance indeeed does not beckon but the parking lot seems to have been patched in spots since my last review of the restaurant. One thing unique about the place is the help yourself tableside variety of six house made barbecue sauces available from mild to wild and plenty of it. You can drown your food in sauces if you so desire. The chucky potato salad and simmered baked beans that I always get are hearty and consistent. The coleslaw we had to wait for today but when it finally came was crisp and tangy. I recommend the place for anyone hankering for barbecue, be it chicken or pork, and the sides are hard to beat and portions fair. The service too is usually quick. I had plenty left for another meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Maryland
“The BBQ Beans were the best that I ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

It does not look great from the outside but the inside is actually very nice and clean. We tried many things all of the food was good but the GREAT food was the Baby backs and the BBQ Beans (WOW). The chili was different in a good way. I liked the pulled pork but I liked the brisket better Fries to me were average. The food did not need sauce but I did sample tthe sauces. They were just ok. The prices are a little higher than most but its because you get so much food. We will go back anytime we are within 30 miles of it. Today we left 81 in Shippensburg heading to MD to go here to eat it was a drive but great roads through small town usa and it was well worth the trip.

• Visited May 2013
mclean virginia
“Hog Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I passsed by this place countless times but did not go in bacause it looked dumpy not like the fancy places like Daves or Red Hot and Blue.This time I stopped because a friend told me it was good.It was not good it was vey,very,very good.Its the best! The french fries were great.Cant wait to go back,

• Visited May 2013
Springfield, New Jersey
“Great southern style BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

It's got real southern flavor in north western Maryland close to Pennsylvania border. Nothing fancy just really great food.

Visited April 2013
Thurmont, Maryland
“Not A Fan!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Don't understand the rave from celebrity chefs and hollywood stars...they must have been served from a different menu, at a different location. Bought two pulled pork sandwiches w/fries to go [$23] and it turned out to be a waste of time and money. Nothing special about the meat, flavor or otherwise, the sauce was drabe and the neighors dog wouldn't even it the fries [and she eats everything]. Could be other items on the menu are good, but I won't be going back to find out [and I'm local].

• Visited April 2013