“You gotta eat here”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great place right off 15. Throw the cabbage, broccoli, fruit and tofu away for one meal and dig in. Friendly people there. Don't fret over pulled pork or brisket. Go pork first visit, brisket the second.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

While attending the National Fire Academy, a few students mentioned the BBQ place just off the highway. Went over to check it out.....the exterior of the building should have been a warning, run down with and almost looking abandoned.

Went inside, things didn't look much better. I know that a lot of BBQ restaurants take on a unique overcoat from all of the BBQ smoke going on.....this wasn't it. The place, overall, was very dirty and needs a deep cleaning. The waitress was very nice and the food came quickly. The ribs and pulled pork were OK, but nothing special. I was the only person in the business, and it was around 5pm, so dinner must not have a huge rush.

I would NOT recommend.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

A great place to stop after skiing at Liberty. Just pull off the road and grab some great BBQ- best in the area

1  Thank Thea W
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Well worth the ride, this is a place that you learn about from word of mouth. Reasonable prices & portions and the food is delicious!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stopped by Chubby's the other day on a trip back from The Eagles Mere Inn located in Eagles Mere, PA. We both enjoy Red Hot and Blue in Leesburg, VA and wanted to try something different for a change. Chubby's was great. I had the pulled pork barbeque sandwich and my wife had the barbeque chicken. I enjoyed the pulled pork. A little greasier that RHB but good taste on the less. It reminded me of the pulled pork I have had at pick roasts before. The chicken was good as well but a little dry for my taste. I am not a white meat lover. The side of beans was tasty and I my collard greens were nicely cooked. Nice job Chubby's. Thanks for the good meal. We will be back.