“Reasonably priced”

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Reasonably priced”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

With a few hours to spare between meetings at a conference, I made a beeline over to the Emmitsburg Antique Mall. I found a couple of treasures and found this to be a little above average over most antique malls. Most booths were reasonably priced, relatively clean and shoppable. I find nothing worse than when you can't even maneuver into a space without fear of knocking something over! A couple of vintage cook books and a kit for making English muffins were my take for the day. Had I had more than an hour and a half, I'm sure I could have find more for my take. Plus, as a visitor who flew in from out-of-town, I had to limit myself to packable pieces.

Visited October 2013

Washington, DC
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Stuff everywhere”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The bottom line: We came, we shopped, we bought a couple of things for a fair price and have no regrets.

If you are serious, this establishment is going to take you a long time to get through because it is pretty large, booths are not really organized and there is lots and lots of stuff covering almost every inch of table and counter space.

It has three long halls, each with booths on both sides. Some seem spacious, some are so cramped you can barely move.

Some prices were foolishly high but we discovered a couple of bargains.

This place is so big that it makes comparison shopping a little hard, and if you decide you want something you have to haul it with you through the rest of the mall or carry it to the front before you return to hunting.

We didn't need a key to open any locked cabinet, but that also would take a walk back to the front to get someone's attention unless you happen to remember the phone number. You'd think they would put the number on the wall in several places to make things easier on the customer.

One last house-keeping issue: The mall is really, really dirty. Everything is covered with lots of dust and grime, we have to move spider webs to get to some items and there were a lot of missing sales tags

Visited September 2013
1 Thank DCsunseeker
Washington DC, District of Columbia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“One of my favorite antique malls - nice variety”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have been going to this antique mall for years. We bought a tall boy (or chest-on-chest) here and a beautiful wooden game table. We have bought lots of items here in the past and plan to continue to do so. The booths are rented by different dealers - if they are present when you are there ask them if they can do a little better on the price. If you are making a large dollar purchase, usually the front desk can give the dealer a call and see if they are willing to take a little off the price. Some of the booths have very good prices and some are a bit over-priced. Not sure where the mold issue is from that a previous person commented on as I have not noticed any mold in the building in all the years that I have been shopping there. There could have been some mold on an item in one of the booths - but that can happen at almost any antique mall. Not all purses need to be checked in - if your purse is very large then yes. They have a sign where you can see if your purse is large than the drawing on the sign. Besides, who wants to lug around a jumbo purse and risk the chance of knocking over something fragile in a booth. I see children with their parents or grandparents in there all the time - the children love looking at things and asking their parents about the different items. You can easily spend a few hours looking at all the different types of items here. There are some newer items, some vintage items, and some antiques. There are items that date back to the 1800s or perhaps earlier. There are depression glassware, dolls, tools, old books, vintage clothes, jewelry, furniture, paintings and prints, fireman items, old trains, etc. This mall is not like what you would find in Georgetown DC but the pricing reflects that. Great place to spend time on a rainy day. There are rest rooms at the back, plenty of parking spaces, and you can leave items that you want at the front counter while you continue shopping.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank bagspacked123
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth a visit!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Lots to see, reasonable prices and plenty of parking. Buying items and still have more stalls to visit.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank RUN2RW2
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“If you can past the mold and unwelcoming signs”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

you will be even more disappointed by the junk and crap. We had a bad feeling walking in with the no kids signs, all purses must be checked in etc etc. We read about the Mall as a great place to visit in Northern Virginia Magazine. Despite the glowing review we learned the magazine staff needs to get out more and perhaps should stick to Northern Virginia. There was a fair assortment of local crafts and edibles. As for antiques - save for dug up battlefield relics there was little past mid century vintage. Antiques - no not really. Maybe I am spoiled but as for antique malls I would suggest you stay on route 15 and go elsewhere.

Visited May 2013
Emmitsburg, Manager at Emmitsburg Antique Mall, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
After receiving an email from a prospective customer asking if he is allowed to bring his infant into our mall, I decided the Emmitsburg Antique Mall should respond to this review. The email asked if we allowed infants since this review states " no kids". This is a totally false statement. Our sign says no children under the age of 18 without an adult. Of course we allow infants and children, but ask that underage children be with an adult.

Many customers tell how clean and nice our mall is, not sure where the mold complaint comes from, other than the fact it is an antique mall and many items now housed here were packed away in attics and basements for many years and may not smell "fresh".