“A bed to rest your head”

Residence Inn Columbia
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ellicott City
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed here on a work outing and the room was perfect for what I needed it for. It had a bed, a desk, a bathroom, a window, a TV, and free breakfast and WiFi!

I always stay at Marriott locations. I feel that they offer the best promotions and have more locations where I need them.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Joel S, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank for takig the time to review our hotel. Please come back if you are ever back in the area.

Best regards,

Joel Shasteen

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Make sure you don't use the telephone in the room. The charge of the phone calls you make is horrendously high. They should have put a big sign on the phone warning hotel guests what the costs are of a phone call. The lady at the front desk, wasn't helpful either when I asked her about it. Not very customer oriented. Unbelievable that hotel makes such a large profit on the use of the phone. I can't believe that Marriot and Residence Inn accept this.

For the rest hotel is ok. Nothing special. Didn't have a curtain in the bedroom when we checked in with two cranky tired little kids after an 8 hour flight. It took the staff over an hour to get a curtain hung up. They didn't provide us with another room.

Breakfast was good, light dinners were very disappointing and not good value. Won't stay here again, too expensive for waht you get.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I hope your travels in the Northeast went well. I do apologize for the lack of communication that you experienced while utilizing our telephone system in regards to the Marriott policies with Long Distance Phone Charges. Please accept our apologies for any other customer service failures that you had, we will continue to work with our staff to improve consistence and quality. If you have any question please feel free to reach out to us again.

Best regards,

Joel Shasteen

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was my first experience with a Residence Inn. This property is located about 20 minutes outside of Baltimore. I went with my family and found this was really a pleasant stay. It was ideal for us, because, we were in the area for a quick trip to Baltimore, but we didn't want to pay city rates. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which was enough room for us. The room was clean and well kept. The front staff was incredibly helpful and was able to answer our numerous questions. There is a pool, tennis courts and outside sitting area for those who want to be outside.This would definitely be an ideal location for someone who has a car and wants to explore the greater Baltimore area. Otherwise, you probably need somewhere closer if you are in town to do the tourist thing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2013

New and well kept Marriott Residence Inn. Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful on check in. As it seems to have had a recent remodel everything seemed and smelled new. Rooms seemed well cleaned and not dusty. Enjoyed the free upgrade as a Marriott rewards user.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NewPoster
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The beds in this hotel were so comfortable, a great nights sleep. The hotel is very well kept. There is a Bob Evans in the same parking lot and a breakfast at the hotel. The hotel location is a little confusing so just make sure to keep your eye out for hidden turns. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank redhare54
Reviewed April 26, 2013

In Baltimore for training and my original hotel reservation was down the road. I found that place to be dark and with an unwelcome odor. After driving around and looking at other options, I walked into the lobby of this Residence Inn and had a welcoming feeling. The front desk representative was very helpful and even allowed me to be shown around prior to making a decision. She was very courteous and certainly able to find a place for me. I was happy with a Studio Queen and slept comfortably. All my needs were met or exceeded and I will definitely return to Residence Inn on future trips.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SandyX111
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Beware of the manager that has no knowledge of the difference between a service animal and an emotional support animal. This man kept insisting that I needed to show him a ADA "card" for my little dog, that is an emotional support dog, NOT a service animal (and was actually quite rude about it) I have all of the required documentation required for this, and have NEVER had a problem in the 7, yes SEVEN, years that I have had her. We have been all across the country... sometimes flying and sometimes driving... but have never had a problem until now, and we have stayed at more Marriotts than I can count! On the other hand, the front desk staff was really nice, and even went so far as to go into another room and get me some extra feather-free pillows since I only had one (out of five) to begin with. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel

Been to Residence Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!