“Consistently Delicious”

China Village
Ranked #59 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Consistently Delicious”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This restaurant serves consistently delicious Mandarin fare with very reasonable prices. They are also very accommodating if you want them to make something not on the menu. Since it's located very close to where we live, we get carry out on weekends at least once a month. There are about 15 tables, however, my husband is not a big fan of the music piped in so we always do carryout, however, I have had lunch there and the music isn't really distracting.

Visited June 2014

Lyme, Connecticut
“Wish I had given them the wrong address for carry out---”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I ordered carry out from here last night-we had called them before and while it was not exemplary, it was always ok, and as others have mentioned, generous portions -but this was a complete turnaround! I called at 5 pm-we live about 1 1/2 mi away but it was nearly 6 before the delivery was made. I called to check on it and spoke to someone who barely spoke English-very frustrating when I am trying to be a customer in my own town.. When the food got here, it contained the usual fortune cookies, greasy fried noodles or whatever those cracker/chip sort of things are that arrive with the soup--and 2 tea bags-as well as 6 or so sweet sauce, soy sauce and mustard packs. The (white) rice for 2 was in one container-the sesame chicken I ordered was coated in a sweet sauce and the chicken was chewy, somewhat overcooked and ALONE--not one morsel of even steamed broccoli-just chicken pieces. The egg-drop soup was in a large cup-sized container and very salty-the eggroll average-and my husband's Hunan beef had a small amount of broccoli and not an overly generous amount of meat. I think the amounts used to be possibly too generous-but the combination of absolutely no veggies, late, slow delivery and not very good food has made us FORMER customers--very disappointed as it was convenient and used to be at least dependable and tasty if not gourmet.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank anneed
Eagle River, Alaska
“Great for takeout”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

First, I'd like to say, when I'm on the east coast, I love to have Cantonese style food. I thought this might be a good place for it, but not good Cantonese. They do ave a mix of other styles though. I tried the boneless ribs. Tough, and had sweet and sour sauce poured on them. The chicken wings were southern fried, but decent. The mu shu pork was pretty good.
The reason I say great for takeout is, that was 90% of the business I saw here tonight. The food is good if you've never had old style Cantonese. The seating is interesting. Since most of the people are there waiting for takeout, those seated are the entertainment. So if you want good food (not the boneless ribs) and love to be the center of attention, dine in.

Visited September 2013
“Great place.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The food is amazing,the portions are so big and the service is awesome. Food is always hot and ready fast. If you go a couple times,they remember you. The owner works almost every time we have been in there.

• Visited July 2013
“Awesome Chinese takeout”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Like the previous poster, I find the small plain box of a dining room not really appealing to eat in, but their food is amazing! We've also been getting takeout/delivery a couple of times a month for the past decade and have never been disappointed. Food is consistently high quality, well-prepared, and delivered hot and quickly. No reason to try any other Chinese restaurant in my opinion.

Visited July 2013