“Great place for coffee meeting”
Review of Bean Hollow

Bean Hollow
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Good coffe shop with light food - great for a coffee meeting. Cosy - not like some other coffee chains.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Ellicott City, the location of Bean Hollow, is a very charming little town filled with history, boutique stores and quaint shops - and a number of diverse restaurants. Bean Hollow is more of a coffee shop, though does offer savory comestibles in addition to a number of delicious sweets. The star attraction, though, is the coffee, which is roasted on site, and is always delicious in its various permutations. The décor lends a sense of place, making one's stay both inviting and warm. But what separates this place from the average coffee shop is the staff - young, vibrant, welcoming, fun-loving and always charming - the proverbial “service with a smile.”

The food is always good, probably because the limited menu of sandwiches and salads and soup allows the restaurant to concentrate on making a few delicious items rather than a lot of average ones. The desserts are not made on premises, though are always fresh and delicious - from large slices of cake to simple biscotti, there is a wide range of offerings to placate any palate or appetite.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

took my cousin from L.A. for s stroll thru historic Ellicott City one weekday. We stopped for lunch based on reviews. The sandwiches were tasty, but small, no chips or fries. We are not big eaters, but still wanted something else. Not a great value if you are hungry.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I grew up in Catonsville, so when I took my husband back to the area to visit, I told him we had to visit Old Ellicott City, and we had to go to Bean Hollow for coffee and pastries. This coffee shop has a very unique atmosphere that summarizes Old Ellicott City -- artsy, querky, earthy. You just have to go there to get it.
Oh, and don't be offended if someone else sits with you at your table -- it's just part of the experience.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was a first time visitor, and I was impressed. My wife, and I had seasonal hot beverages, which were delicious. The food here was also very good, which includes their prepared hot sandwiches, and bakery items. I would recommend as a place to stop by if you are passing through or visiting Ellicott City.