“1st time at B&B” 5 of 5 stars

The Wayside Inn
Brick
“1st time at B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was our 1st time staying at a B&B and it won't be our last. Unfortunately we only had the pleasure of staying at The Wayside Inn for one night but it was more than enough time for us to fall in love. The staff was friendly, rooms were spotless and comfy with some amazingly soft sheets. A coffee machine I wish I could have taken home with me and a delicious breakfast. We would recommend the Wayside Inn to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Balltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had a rather strange request of a bed and breakfast and I wasn't sure how it'd go over with the InnKeepers. I was doing a photo shoot and I needed a place with a great back drop and beautiful decor to complete my project. I wasn't sure if they'd think it would be disruptive to the other guests or not. But I thought I'd try it none-the-less. Surprisingly, they told me it was a great idea and were eager for me to give it a whirl.

The great room was very intimate and very personable. I love the furniture, the wall hangings and personal touches. I also loved the dining room and all of its splendor. Everything was great. The InnKeepers were very accommodating and delightful.

I enjoyed my stay and the pictures came out fantastic! I would highly recommend this lovely, quaint bed and breakfast for travelers who love peace and quiet as well as beautiful landscape.
It's one of those places that is not so big that you're just guest #329B or something...It's just right! In fact, it was so wonderful to me on my visit, that I rented it again for my daughter and her husband for their anniversary. They truly loved the spa treatment they received.

Enjoy! I love The Wayside Inn because (as the children would say) it's way way on your side. You'll be so relaxed and so refreshed you won't want to leave to go anywhere. There are nice places around that offer a great deal of entertainment, but you'll just sink into those soft over stuffed pillows on the comfy bed or soak endlessly in the beautiful jetted tub. Get ready to do absolutely nothing. Visit soon.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice. Some are smaller. So the prices are varied. If you like to sit up and r...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Wayside Inn for my Best friends wedding and everything was fabulous! The innkeepers Dave and Susan are very accomodating and are wonderful people! Breakfast was amazing and the rooms were a delight! I strongly recommend that anyone stays here!

• Stayed May 2012
Cockeysville, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

After much searching for a wedding venue that suited our needs, my fiance and I accidentally stumbled on the Wayside Inn-- and it was the best thing that happened to us! The owners, Susan and Dave, are extremely accommodating, the venue is charming and elegant, and the breakfast is outstanding! The inn is historic and also full of natural beauty and interesting features, as well as modern luxury (especially in the bathrooms). My husband and I invited 30 people to our beautiful, intimate wedding at the inn, and it was everything we wanted. If you're looking for a venue that truly feels like "home," that offers both charm and comfort, the Wayside is it. Pretty sure I heard the word "perfect" tossed around a few times after the ceremony :).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Elizabeth M
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I've stayed at many B&B's and The Wayside Inn is top notch. Beautiful historic inn -rooms are pretty, comfortable, and clean, with every amenity you could possibly need. Breakfast is AMAZING! SO AMAZING! The innkeepers are friendly, kind and accommodating. Will definitely be back again!

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

From the moment we arrived at the Inn we knew we were going to be treated to a wonderful time, the innkeepers were wonderful, engaging, funny, charming and knowlegeable, the Inn is incrediby charming, the attention to detail is everywhere you look from the incredible bathrooms to the finials on the top of the laps to the creaky, charming floors - the sun deck is magical and the breakfast is fabulous - you must go just for the quiet and calm!

Room Tip: We had the room with the windows facing the sun deck and the room was filled with light
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amarie_00
Columbia, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We took a chance on a Groupon and we're so glad we did. Disclaimer: this was our first B&B, so we didn't know what to expect, but we were so delighted with our stay in the Ellicott room. It's an incredibly charming place, the owner is astonishingly friendly and helpful (he made a great recommendation for dinner, made our reservations and drove us into town because he knew parking would be tight), breakfast was wonderful (scones with jam, baked grapefruit and a generous cut of blueberry almond baked French toast flanked by sausage), the sheets are what? 20,000 thread count? I'm going to be reminiscing about those sheets for a long time.

The bathroom itself was a huge draw, with a jetted garden tub, large tiled shower, ample lighting, ample vanity with chair and two thick white robes tucked in the closet. We didn't take advantage of the Fios or wireless internet, but I appreciated the bottled water in the room and the single cup coffee/hot chocolate machine outside our door. Next time we'd like to check in earlier to take advantage of the library, sun room and sitting room.

Overall, we left feeling relaxed, happy and well-fed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South
Sonesta ES Suites Columbia

Been to The Wayside Inn? Share your experiences!