“Outstanding and right in our community!”
Review of Grille620

Grille620
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille620 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Grille620 is an American grille featuring a seasonally inspired menu with a focus on seafood and steaks. A rustic look yet a high-style approach to contemporary American cuisine in an inviting atmosphere creates a unique dining experience. Guests may enjoy a variety of oysters from the raw bar while relaxing on our patio during the summer season. An extensive wine list by the glass and bottle, a distinctive selection of craft beers, and our knowledgeable staff will round out the experience. Menus change frequently to showcase local and fresh ingredients.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Brought a group of friends to Grllle620, none of whom had been there before. We decided to sit on the bar side tonight so we could try that menu. A bit more casual fare, but no less tasty and creative. Drinks were timely, service was great, and the food was quite good. Thanks Ali!

Grille620, Owner at Grille620, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Guy S.,

Thank you for the great review! We are appreciate all feedback and love the positivity!

Come back and see us soon!

Ali Sadeghi
Owner, Grille620
Ali@Grille620.com

Reviewed January 10, 2014

As many note this place is confused. Prices are "fine dining" but the TV's and loud bar are " local sports bar". The service was very good and the after was attentive and explained the menu and specials well. We had the cheese plate and artichoke and crab appetizers which were both excellent. For the main course the fillet was average. Steak sandwich good, miso salmon was ok. The seafood pasta was good. nothing was great or special. Everyone loved the smokes dessert. Overall a loud pricey place to go that I would not run back to.

Grille620, General Manager at Grille620, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

I want to apologize for your poor experience with us. As you are aware, we are a new restaurant and we still have many areas to improve upon. We are working hard to make changes to ensure every visit is a special one. We appreciate all of your feedback and it will not be taken lightly.

I do hope you give us another chance.
Please call me directly to make a reservation.
(410) 203-0620

Ali Sadeghi
Owner, Grille620
Ali@Grille620.com

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I was told to try this restaurant from a friend that had recently dined here and said great things. I came in with my girlfriend with no reservation and put our name down and we got a few drinks at the bar. I was pleasantly surprised to see such an intense wine list and cocktail menu for such a small place. After two drinks we were brought to our table and were quickly greeted and the service all around was wonderful and friendly. The vibe and atmosphere was fun and young and we could have sat there for hours. We got the oysters and the grilled calamari to start which were both great. The calamari was well cooked which is hard to find because a lot of times we get it its over cooked and rubbery. As our entrees we got the rib eye and the bouillabaisse. The rib eye was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. The bouillabaisse was filled with a ton of seafood which you never see. The sauce was also super flavorful yet not overbearing. The best part was probably the s'mores dessert! If you go, you HAVE TO GET IT! I will definitely be back next time I am in town and I would recommend anyone looking for a good date spot to try Grille620.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We made reservations for a party of six based on a recommendation from a family friend. Upon entering Grille620 we encountered a rather lackluster hostess staff. Indifferent would be a proper adjective for the attitude they gave off. Another off putting detail is the apparent sports bar section. Grille620 has a bit of identity confusion going on. Are they a fine dining establishment or a place to hang out for drinks and watch sports on a large, loud TV? Which is it Grille620? The two things you're attempting to do are clashing, and its glaring. The dining area is small and the tables are so packed together that its very hard to navigate. Its also extremely LOUD. Add the noise from the TV and bar banter and it just isn't a comfortable atmosphere. Everyone at our table had to practically shout in order to have a conversation.

Once we were seated though, our waiter was very personable, professional, and helpful.

Now, the important part - the food. We skipped appetizers and went straight for entrees. Our group ordered the steak sandwich, bouillabaisse, jumbo shrimp, diver scallops, and the sea bass. The entrees include a lot of froufrou flourishes, but no sides.

If you want sides they are a la carte and described as "family style to share" and as we found, overpriced. I ordered the garlic parmesan fries. Their idea of "family style to share" was a portion about the size of a medium fry order at a fast food establishment, and tasted about the same. There's no way there were fresh cut fries. They were thin small pieces, not whole, shoestring fries. There was not so much as a hint of either garlic nor parmesan. They were also cold.

Steak Sandwich - good, but average.

Jumbo Shrimp - very good. Seemed to be the best entrée of the table.

Scallops - good, but was more of an appetizer portion. Ridiculously overpriced.

Sea Bass - average, but not very well prepared and overcooked in my opinion.

Bouillabaisse - I ordered this dish. A fair amount of seafood, all of which was overcooked and rubbery. The broth was completely over salted and tasted like canned chicken broth. Every single bite of this dish was full of grit. The seafood had obviously not been rinsed or cleaned properly. Totally unacceptable! The dish was also served topped with two pieces of toasted bread. This bread was tasteless and very hard...stale perhaps? My wife described it as "like eating bricks".

After dinner several deserts were ordered along with coffee. The deserts were average. The French Press coffee was excellent however. Sadly, this was part of the meal I enjoyed the most. As we were finishing our coffee a few members of the staff began hovering near the table, including one man I suspect was either the manager or owner. There were several strong innuendos given that they wanted us to move along so they could have the table free.

This place really needs to get its act together, figure out exactly what they want to be, and loose the attitude. When I dine out I don't pay for attitude and froufrou ornamentation....I pay to have good food served in a pleasant comfortable atmosphere. Grille620 falls short. I have no desire to return.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Since Grille 620 allows reservations, I decided to give it a try and avoid the madness at Facci. Our party of four was warmly greeted and seated promptly. Our waiter was knowledgeable, friendly and efficient on a busy Saturday night in prime time. Caesar and house salads were fresh and delicious, also quite large and easily split with your spouse. Our friends ordered Ahi tuna and scallops, respectively. They commented that both were fresh, delicious and expertly prepared. My husband and I ordered steak. The bone-in ribeye Cajun style my husband very much enjoyed. The eight-ounce filet was cooked exactly as I ordered. Cabernet sauce was a tasty addition, as were the teriyaki Brussels sprouts. We finished with French-pressed coffee. The dining room is a bit dark, so it is difficult to appreciate the wood decor. Tables are also a bit close, but with the noise level you don't feel others can hear your conversations. The owner was nice enough to stop by and chat. Our experience here was excellent and we plan to return.