“Nice Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Palapa Grill & Cantina
Ranked #31 of 162 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Starke, Florida
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff and very aware! My meal was served quickly and was tasty.
This is a good Mexican restaurant if you find yourself in Ellicott City.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
LaPalapaGrill, General Manager at La Palapa Grill & Cantina, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. By the looks of the picture you had the "Enchiladas Verde". Hope to see you back soon!

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We have been here to dine about five times. I have been meaning to rate our last experience for months but have just been too upset to do so. Here is what I would like to say about the staff and management we have encountered at La Palapa Grill & Cantina. They just so not know what good service is. The main manager I can't even remember his name right now needs to take classes in being a team leader. He speaks so poorly to his staff and customers that it is not surprising that everyone seems to be in a foul mood.

Our last experience was so horrific that all 10 people in our party voted to leave after ordering drinks.

For the record I should mention that there is one time that we did dine here and had great service.

There is a HUGE management issue going on here and the owners need to address it.
Will NEVER return.

• Visited August 2012
Naples, Florida
“Mexican Steak and Cheese!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I have been eating at La Palapa's since 2004 and it just keeps getting better so I figured lets give them a review! Had lunch the other day with my wife and ordered the Mexican Steak and Cheese outta nowhere and it's da bomb baby. Must try it... A ton of fajita steak like a pound and sautéed onions and peepers served inside a warm grilled tortilla served with the best potato wedge fries in EC it's huge be ready!!! Simply mouthwatering goodness all for $8.95

• 5 of 5 bubbles
LaPalapaGrill, General Manager at La Palapa Grill & Cantina, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hi,
Thank you for the nice review. Next time you stop by please ask for the general manager I would like to thank you in person. We appreciate your business!
Annapolis
“Ruined Holiday Party”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Had a terrible experience at La Palapa restaurant friday night in Ellicott City. Manager promised us a section for our holiday party and then they backed out saying that "sorry you misunderstood us." We made a quick change and ended up at Eggspectations also in Ellicott City. They were great at Eggspectations and even gave us a private room due to a last minute cancellation.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dan B
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great Salsa Night on Thursday!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I can't attest to the food here yet- I'm sure I will soon and I will be impressed by that as well. Good drinks, great dancing- some of the best Salsa in the area I would think. The play Salsa, Meringue, Bachata and Regitone. Great place to meet new friends and get your dance on!

• Visited August 2012