“OK, but not outstanding”

Ellicott Mills Brewing Co
Reserve with OpenTable
Ellicott Mills Brewing Co is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Merriman and Court
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The men in my family seem to like this microbrewery restaurant more than I do. I don't know if it's the beer or menu items like the mixed sausage grill with red cabbage or venison that keeps bringing them back.

I feel that the food is mostly OK, but nothing to get excited about. I do like the Banana Xanga dessert a lot and order it every time we eat here. However, the Thai Scallops with spicy sauce were awful, inedible. The sauce was so spicy that it completely overwhelmed the taste of the scallops. I couldn't even taste "scallop," all I tasted was "hot." (The Thai Scallops no longer seem to be on the current menu. A wise decision.)

I did notice the last time we were there that entrees now come with one side; they used to come with two. Of course, you can order, and pay extra for, a second side. And bread wasn't brought to the table as part of the meal as it had been on previous visits, although when we asked about bread, the waiter said he could bring some.

The service has always been fine, but once again, not outstanding.

One issue that we've noticed on two visits is that the air conditioning was set much too cold, at least for the part of the room we were sitting in. We were quite uncomfortable.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've eaten here a handful f times over the past five years. Each time I have a good-enough meal, but I never feel compelled to hurry back again. The service is usually good, the atmosphere is nice, but I think the menu is a bit overpriced for the entree sizes and the taste isn't quiet the "wow" I expect. Will probably return once a year, no more.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was mainly here for the beer flights. The meal wasn't all that memorable. It's in the quaint setting of Old Ellicott City.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been here many times, as I like to support local microbrews, but better ones have cropped up, and this place does not innovate, or change. The beer is OK, and the food is decent, but nothing to get excited about

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I ordered the rockfish sandwich for lunch yesterday upon our server's glowing description. A few hours later it felt like my stomach was in knots...and boy did it get worse. My last 12 hours have been hell. Never again.

1  Thank Onez76