“Impressive”

Eggspectation
Ranked #4 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Impressive”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have been to this restaurant many many times. I enjoy the unique and creative menu, excellent service, fun atmosphere, and FRESH food. It can be a bit loud which is the only part I don't especially like but it is high energy and it is a minor thing since everything else is right on. I have taken many business friends here for lunch, breakfast and dinner...everyone leaves wanting a return visit.
I recently reserved the private room for a breakfast meeting. The room was quite, bright, and very comfortable. It is a great meeting room! Our waitress was excellent, food was hot, a coffee bar was set up for our group, and the Manager checked on us...all very impressive. The pancakes with fruit are one of the best, but I also enjoy the crapes, OH...and the lox and bagel is delish! Come to think of it...not sure I have ever been disappointed with any menu choice.
Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant.

Gambrills, Maryland
“Great spot for workday lunch”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Eggspectations has a very extensive menu. A little much for me but it looks like there is something for everyone. I ordered the Reuben & was not disappointed. Just enough dressing & saurkraut! Loved it. Great service, consistent quality. Highly recommend!

Rochester, New York
“A yummy unique place to eat”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Went here with a friend and her 2 year old. The place is cluttered with eclectic decorations, but in a good way that creates a fun vibrant atmosphere. The menu is huge! It was really quite difficult to pick what I wanted to eat.

I finally choose the Bayou Benedict and it was just perfect. I loved the combination of authentic Louisiana flavors that updated this breakfast classic. My friend got a veggie omelet and said it was excellent.

• Visited February 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Eggspect the most varied and the best”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This unexpected treasure in an otherwise nondescript strip mall at the borderline of Columbia and Ellicott City. has so many menu choices PLUS daily specials that no one will be disappointed. From numerous creative breakfast items (thus the name 'Eggs-pectations') to luscious hamburgers to crepes to full steak dinners, there is nothing left out. And you can't miss the showcase of spectacular desserts as you enter the uniquely decorated space. One look around the place it is obvious themed on eggs. There are eggs everywhere you look! The restaurant is divided into two spaces: the bar (with booths and stools) and the main room. If there's a wait for a table, you can opt to sit and eat at the bar immediately if there's room. AND they make the absolute best Bloody Mary on earth. To summarize the place, the food is varied and good, the booze is great, the staff attentive, the place entertaining. If I had to say one negative about it: terrible acoustics, but worth the bother.

• Visited September 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good Enough”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband, friend and I went to Eggspectation in Columbia MD (on Snowden Pkwy) for brunch.
The restaurant was very nice. The service was also above par.
The food...well...it was ok.
We ordered a fruit platter to start. The sliced melons were a bit bland and could have been a bit more ripe.
The brunch meals were ok. My friend did enjoy her steak and eggs and noted the steak was very tender.
The one thing that really stuck out as needing help...Potatoes Lyonaisse! The were bland, boring and not like any Potatoes Lyonnaise I have ever seen...more like thick cut potato chips w a few sauteed onions.
Fortunately we got there around 9 am so did not have to wait for a table.
Would I go again? Perhaps, but wouldn't be my first choice.