“Great food, cool atmosphere”
Review of Eggspectation

Eggspectation
Ranked #4 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Went here for breakfast while on vacation and it did not disappoint. We went on a Saturday morning and it was very busy, but the wait was manageable and the hostess was very friendly. The restaurant was very nicely decorated with unique paintings and decorations. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu, which was extensive. The food was excellent - I would definitely go again.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Eggspectation is a great place to have dinner or breakfast all day.
My family went here in the afternoon.
My wife and I have breakfast while my daughter had lunch.
The meal was ok, the food was a hit or miss and the service was so so during this visit.
My daughter ordered tomato basil soup and when it came to the table it was turkey chili. The turkey chili she got was really spicy.
When our waiter return, he told us that they had switched soup so my daughter got to order the Crab soup which was better.
Then my daughter also did not have luck with Lobster Mac and Cheese.
It was not really creamy but runny but it did have some nice lobster claw meat.
My wife had the Eggsuberant. The pancakes were very good and were like homemade.
The Lyonnaise-style potatoes were tasty.
I had the All-American which had baked beans like they have in England. I love breakfast and this was good.
Most times we have come to Eggspectation the service is great.
This time it was not the case. Wait staff should know what soups are available.
We will most likely eat here again based on past performance, not based on this visit.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Salads are almost $15. It's salad people. Come on. I got the berry salad and it had FOUR little pieces of Havarti cheese. FOUR. It took almost 35 min. for our food to come out and they weren't busy at all. No explanation, no acknowledgment from the server. I didn't want to go there today as the last several times we went, the service was bad. Well, still hasn't improved. The table next to us got their appetizers and main dish before we got ours and they were seated after us. All the more reason the server should have explained what was going on.

The food is OK. I think people like it because Howard Co. doesn't have any other places like this so it's a niche place. I find it tremendously overpriced for what you get, and I don't mind paying a pretty penny for good food. This just isn't worth it.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I come here whenever I am in the area. Food is great. Service a little slow. Not sure why this is listed as French cuisine.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My wife and I came here with a Groupon for dinner since the Groupon promotion required a dinner-time visit. One can still order breakfast for dinner, but we thought we would give their dinner selections a try. Bad choice.

My wife had the Ahi Tuna salad, and although the tuna was tasty, the salad itself was bland and unimpressive. I ordered the Reuben, and it was one of the worst I have had. Very little dressing, too much bread, and no signature flavors.

The dinner-time "adult" beverages were equally disappointing. Sure the Piña Colada was delicious, but it was overpriced for how little alcohol it contained. And they only had 2 of the 10 or so white wines available to purchase! Best to stick with mimosas or plain coffee.

The service was fabulous-no complaints. We never have an issue with that when we come to Eggspectation.

1  Thank SrP100111