“Fantastic breakfast spot”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Fantastic breakfast spot”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Atmosphere: Neat, French decor; noisy; open-floor plan with mostly tables (few booths)

Price: Very expensive

Service: Friendly, attentive

Food (selection): Definitely one of the most expansive breakfast menus in the area. There is something for everyone: benedicts (a list of more than a dozen), pancakes, french toast, omelettes, and even some rare European specialties (I had the "Pagé special").

Food (quality): Everything was delicious and flavorful. A few of the people in my party ordered the benedicts and loved them, especially the hollandaise sauce (my wife and mother claimed it was the best they had ever tired). My Pagé Special was wonderful, with tons of fresh fruit and sweet English Cream.

I would come here more often if it weren't so expensive...

• Visited August 2012

Columbia, MD
“Very good restaurant for brunch”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Good selection for brunch and different foods. Prices were reasonable. We had a toddler with us and the place was fine for her too.

Visited July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Eggspectation”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Great salads - especially the chicken avocado. Staff is busy and sometimes hard to find. Eggspectation also hosts Happy Hour Monday thru Friday - often with live music.

Visited July 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Not the place for lobster!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Their prices aren't cheap but you are paying for the upscale reputation, and seeing their desserts on display when you walk into the restaurant. The service was good, and I ordered the Tues. night lobster special for $19.99. The deal is soup or salad, a one and a quarter lb. lobster, potatoes, and corn on the cob. The lobster is split and cracked for you. The salad was good, but it was the worst lobster I ever tasted. It was bland even with the melted butter. I had to ask for regular butter for the corn and the waitress told me there already was melted butter (for the lobster) but I told her regular butter goes on the corn. She was a good server, all in all, and checked back frequently with us. I was hoping I didn't get sick from the lobster not being fresh, because it was just not sweet or tasty like lobster usually tastes. I would definitely not order that again, and will go back only for breakfast or a sandwich if the rest of my friends or family want to, otherwise I'll skip Eggspectations.

• Visited July 2012
Ohio
“Great menu”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have been to this breakfast/brunch restaurant before and enjoyed it again. I had a crab omelette and it was very good. Coffee was good and it is close to the BWI airport fro travelers.

• Visited July 2012