“Will not go back!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
United States
“Will not go back!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Went to Serafino's for dinner on a Saturday night. The waitress was very nice and the bread was fine, as were the salands. The rest? The pasta side dishes were watery. The pasta had not been drained sufficiently so, of course, there was watery runoff on the entrees on the same plate. And the entrees? Mine was edible--an eggplant dish with cheese and spinach. But my dining companion's? AWFUL. The veal was hard as a rock and completely tasteless. He did not eat much of it after making an attempt. This was a "special occasion" dinner and we wanted to have a treat. Never again...

• Visited December 2012

Annapolis, Maryland
“Great Food Service AND Price”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had a Rehearsal Dinner here. The Food was delicious, especially loved the Tortellino Alfredo and Chicken Marsala. We NEVER had to ask where our waitress was, she was always there and it was the most reasonable (Bang-for-your-Buck) in the Ellicott City/Catonsville, MD area. Highly recommend for your Rehearsal Dinner or other Celebration. Easily handicap accessible.

Visited September 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not impressed...we won't go back.”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have never given a bad restaurant review before...seems I would rather say something nice or nothing at all...but I have changed my mind about that after a dinner here. I have been to this restaurant a few times, but this will be the last. We all got subs and thought they were tasteless and dry. French fries were limp and greasy. We had to ask for rolls twice. Most frustrating was when I used the Ladies' Room and wanted to talk to the manager about its condition. I told the waiter 3 times that I wanted to see the manager. The first 2 times he told me he had relayed the message. The third time he seemed confused that I still wanted to talk to the manager. When I told him I still had't seen the manager, he told me "Well, he sent someone to the Ladies' Room to fix the problem." I told the waiter that was all well and good, but I still wanted to talk to him about it. Finally we paid our bill and left....there for over 1 hour and never saw the manager. I am glad that the problem got fixed, but when a customer asks to see a manager, the manager should see the customer. Period!

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank dosumd
Maryland
“It was just ok...nothing special”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The food and service here were average---not especially good or bad. I ordered chicken saltimbocca with spinach instead of pasta on the side. The sauce was pretty flavorful but a tiny bit salty. The portions were large. I asked that my spinach be lightly steamed and they did that perfectly. The house salad was excellent and I loved the house dressing...an Italian dressing with lots of cheese and spices. The dessert was a disappointing lemon cake. It was hard, the mousse in the middle was hard too. Would I return? Probably not. There are other options nearby for good Italian food.

• Visited April 2012
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Not as bad as I thought it would be”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I recently tried this restaurant. I was hesitant because of some of the prior reviews. I was pleasantly surprised. Brick oven pizza and pasta were both outstanding. I was told that the chef had recently changed the tomato sauce and pizza crust, both of which were very good. Now the atmosphere could use some improvement and the staff very young and inexperienced, and seemed more interested in texting than waiting on tables. All in all though, for the price you can't beat it. I will try it again but I hope the service improves.

Visited July 2011