“Great service”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The service was GREAT and professional. Food GREAT. It was clean, the atmosphere was family oriented.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Dining at Bare Bones is hit or miss at best and our last experience was a BIG MISS. Visit any Saturday night and its easy to see that Bare Bones has all the business they could want and unfortunately for their customers more than they can efficiently handle. Add in service that was inattentive and food that was mediocre and you have the makings of an all around poor rating.

1  Thank GV27OCMD
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were at this restaurant on Saturday night. I asked to be seated in the dining room, not at the bar. When our pager went off, the hostess said a table seats were available at the bar - I told her I specifically asked for the dining room, and only then were we seated there. We ordered 1 appetizer - the Onion Loaf. Very good, exactly the same taste and sauce as a "Bloomin' Onion "form Outback. We had appetizer less than 10 minutes when our dinners came out - no time in between courses at all! And they were very lax in cleaning off the table after dinner. Waitress was very nice. I ordered the steak and crabcake combo - very thin strip steak and the crabcake was very fishy tasting - didn't eat it.
I don't think I would go again when there are plenty of other restaurants to try!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

So its time for 'guys night out' a time when long time friends gather once a month and reminisce over a hot meal leaving the wives home until 'Coed Night Out" another social event for the aging. Bare Bones was the choice this time more for conveniency of location to all involved than for anything else. At one time this place was a cut above but in recent times it has come down some. If I'm not mistaken this was or is a chain but the only other one that I was aware of (Timonium) has long been closed. The fare originally was microbrewery go with and as I recall I had one friend that tried their sampler assortment who thought it was cheap knock offs of the brand name beers and another who was rather fond of one of them in particular which I'm sorry I don't remember the name of. On this occasion Thursday night was Prime Rib special night where the 12 oz cut was $2 cheaper than the 8 oz cut which is what I had planned on ordering. In spite of the cholesterol I love red meat. My one friend ordered the strip steak sandwich a misnomer as it was actually a real strip steak served over a single piece of bread, his son ordered a burger with a white chili appetizer, another friend ordered the single crab cake, and my other friend ordered the same prime rib as did I. I had the buttered beans and a house salad with mine there is a small charge to add the salad as the 2nd vegetable but it was a nice salad and worth the extra cash. Everyone enjoyed their meals save for my friend with the crab cake who asked that I taste it to see with my enhanced pallet if I could detect a change in seasoning. What I detected was that the crab meat was far from fresh and probably if they hadn't sold it too him they would have had to toss it. The seasoning was the same that we have always enjoyed and probably what kept his meal edible at all. Only one of us got desert, the coffee brittle cheese cake, which came with 5 forks. My mouthful was wonderful. In the past we have been there on all you can eat barbecue rib and chicken night which is their best deal yet. Also, we didn't get one this time but their onion ring loaf is superb. The waiters there are always polite and attentive and work hard for their tips.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Bare Bones is a great family place to go. The food is good and it's casual. My son either gets the chicken fingers or a burger, we've had (and enjoyed) crabcakes, burgers, taco salad, crab pretzel and ribs. We've never had a steak there - and I probably wouldn't - nothing against their steaks! This is a rib and burger place - and that's what I think they do best. Oh - but the taco salad is really, really good. Yes, it is more like nachos as one reviewer wrote! Sometimes the lunch waiter staff is a bit lax, dinner staff seems to hustle more. Great micro brew bear selection.