“Just Ok”

Bare Bones Grill and Brewery
Ranked #9 of 168 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Secaucus, NJ
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were at this restaurant on Saturday night. I asked to be seated in the dining room, not at the bar. When our pager went off, the hostess said a table seats were available at the bar - I told her I specifically asked for the dining room, and only then were we seated there. We ordered 1 appetizer - the Onion Loaf. Very good, exactly the same taste and sauce as a "Bloomin' Onion "form Outback. We had appetizer less than 10 minutes when our dinners came out - no time in between courses at all! And they were very lax in cleaning off the table after dinner. Waitress was very nice. I ordered the steak and crabcake combo - very thin strip steak and the crabcake was very fishy tasting - didn't eat it.
I don't think I would go again when there are plenty of other restaurants to try!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New Windsor, Maryland
“Not Like It Used To Be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

So its time for 'guys night out' a time when long time friends gather once a month and reminisce over a hot meal leaving the wives home until 'Coed Night Out" another social event for the aging. Bare Bones was the choice this time more for conveniency of location to all involved than for anything else. At one time this place was a cut above but in recent times it has come down some. If I'm not mistaken this was or is a chain but the only other one that I was aware of (Timonium) has long been closed. The fare originally was microbrewery go with and as I recall I had one friend that tried their sampler assortment who thought it was cheap knock offs of the brand name beers and another who was rather fond of one of them in particular which I'm sorry I don't remember the name of. On this occasion Thursday night was Prime Rib special night where the 12 oz cut was $2 cheaper than the 8 oz cut which is what I had planned on ordering. In spite of the cholesterol I love red meat. My one friend ordered the strip steak sandwich a misnomer as it was actually a real strip steak served over a single piece of bread, his son ordered a burger with a white chili appetizer, another friend ordered the single crab cake, and my other friend ordered the same prime rib as did I. I had the buttered beans and a house salad with mine there is a small charge to add the salad as the 2nd vegetable but it was a nice salad and worth the extra cash. Everyone enjoyed their meals save for my friend with the crab cake who asked that I taste it to see with my enhanced pallet if I could detect a change in seasoning. What I detected was that the crab meat was far from fresh and probably if they hadn't sold it too him they would have had to toss it. The seasoning was the same that we have always enjoyed and probably what kept his meal edible at all. Only one of us got desert, the coffee brittle cheese cake, which came with 5 forks. My mouthful was wonderful. In the past we have been there on all you can eat barbecue rib and chicken night which is their best deal yet. Also, we didn't get one this time but their onion ring loaf is superb. The waiters there are always polite and attentive and work hard for their tips.

“We go there often”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Bare Bones is a great family place to go. The food is good and it's casual. My son either gets the chicken fingers or a burger, we've had (and enjoyed) crabcakes, burgers, taco salad, crab pretzel and ribs. We've never had a steak there - and I probably wouldn't - nothing against their steaks! This is a rib and burger place - and that's what I think they do best. Oh - but the taco salad is really, really good. Yes, it is more like nachos as one reviewer wrote! Sometimes the lunch waiter staff is a bit lax, dinner staff seems to hustle more. Great micro brew bear selection.

• Visited September 2013
“A Restaurant I Count On!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I visit Bare Bones several times a year. The food is outstanding and the service is excellent. On top of that the prices are reasonable. The atmosphere is warm and guests seem comfortable and appear to be having a good time.

Bellbrook
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were so pleased by the whole experience. The micro brewery was a surprise as we do not usually know what to order and if it would be good. The waitress was great and friendly and steered us to a perfect selection and the beer was great. We ordered the combo ribs and crab cake meal and had salad as our side. The crab cakes were ok but the ribs were so delicious. I would definitely come back and wish there was one in Ohio!