“Pretty Good”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The food was excellent. Burgers and ribs are must tries. A nice atmosphere, though I advise the dining room for family, not the bar, even though the bar does allow kids. The service is a little slow and it's not exactly cheap, but it's worth it. I would recommend it.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I and another couple recently ate at Bare Bones Grill.
Overall the food was good. The ribs were very nice and things were fresh.
Our problem was with our server. She acted very young. The first thing she said was she hoped we were a nice table and then proceeded to tell us two other customers had just stiffed her or left her a small tip and how she has to cover that. I guess she was implying, if we were nice, we would leave her a big tip.
And then she would not stop talking.
When she returned with drinks she launched into a story about how customers of a certain ethnic group don't tip well. Then proceeded to tell us a specific story about customer from that ethnic group. Again, she would not stop. It was an uncomfortable moment. She was being offensive and though I don't think she was trying to be mean, her comments could really have gotten her in big trouble.
But it didn't end there. When she brought our starters, my husband was debating whether to get a beer or not. She then started in on how you can never have enough alcohol and how she needs a drink when she leaves work there after dealing with customers all day.
The whole exchange was odd. It wasn't as if she was talking to people who could be her peers and just blowing off steam, as we were all old enough to be her parents.
Sadly, she wasn't a bad server in that she was attentive and kept checking with us. But she was so unprofessional that it was weird. And it put a damper on the meal.
I wrote to the manager who never bothered to respond. I really just though she should know so that the restaurant can train their servers better.

1  Thank mom22militarymen
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Best ribs ever, consistent food, sometimes long waits. Service is good, could be better, sometimes slow, but overall pretty decent.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

With beer brewed on the premises, starting before it became the latest trend, and good ribs, this is an Ellicott City mainstay. Their seafood is also good, and I love their Bare Bones salads. A lot of people like their Happy Hours in the enclosed bar area. These feature a free buffet including wings which get progressively hotter during the HH, so you'll want more beer. Live music after 9 in the bar. Very popular with locals -- parking is easier up closer to the supermarket end.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

They have the best tasting ribs, with consistent quality, served in a great atmosphere. The corn fritters are especially good as a side dish.