WINNER WONDERLAND

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Seems closed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Signs made it unclear but I think the visitor's center is closed for asbestos removal. Too bad, because I really needed the public restroom.

The posted hours indicated it should be open, but low on the door there was an asbestos sign and the door seemed locked. Asking people on the street if it was open resulted in a of shrugs.

Visited August 2013
Shannon C, Web and Social Media Specialist at Howard County Welcome Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hi there, I'm sorry we were closed when you came to visit. I hope I can shed some light on the matter.

We are currently undergoing renovations of our lower levels to host our administrative offices, have new public restrooms, and to even be home to a new Police Museum! Unfortunately, because of the age of our building, some of the original building materials had asbestos. The building was closed for a few days while it was being removed for the safety of our staff and our guests.

I'm sorry our facilities were unavailable at a time when you needed them. We are back in business and open 363 days a year (closed on Christmas and Thanksgiving), so we hope you'll stop in and say hello in the future!

• Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“COLUMBIA NEEDS BETTER SIGNS”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is amazing how great this area is and there are very poor signs posted out there in columbia md near the mall everything is tucked away. For people who come to visit this area needs to have an updated GPS or know where your going if not your lost and please dont let it be dark outside if so you will be in big trouble. Lights are very poor....

Visited August 2012
Hello, I'm glad you like Columbia and Howard County! I'm sorry that you had trouble with the signs though. Unfortunately, we don't have control over street signs or lights. The Columbia Association is a great organization you can contact with your concerns and recommendations, you can find their contact page here: http://www.columbiaassociation.org/content/contact_us.html

I do hope you'll be back to visit us in the future!
clovis CA
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“sweet Older Man”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

When we stopped, a lovely friendly older gentleman helped us. He began telling the whole town history and was delightful.

we will be back to this charming town next summer.

Visited July 2012
You must be talking about our Office Manager Ed! He is a wealth of knowledge and we're happy to have him.

Thank you for your kind words, I will pass them on to Ed. I'm glad you enjoyed Ellicott City, we hope to see you soon!