“Chicken Dressed Up”

BonChon Chicken
Ranked #33 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Went here for lunch on a weekday, no crowds. Service was quick and friendly. The decor is stylish modern with black and gray colors. Custom portraits of various musicians and rappers adorn the walls and on one blank wall they were projecting a video of a bunch of Korean guys singing love songs YouTube style. It was meant for dining entertainment I guess. I ordered the lunch special of 3 wings and 3 drumsticks with a side of rice and coleslaw. 3 pieces were covered with the hot sauce and the other three were just regular garlic sauce. The chicken was ok as it reminded me of buffalo wings with the skin fried crispy like Spanish chicharones. With a drink the whole meal cost me $12. Not bad. Portions were ok. They have a full bar. I can't help but feel that I just ate chicken in a dressed up KFC while being serenaded by lovelorn Koreans. They're located in a shopping strip. Ample parking.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was waiting for the Bon Chon Chicken to open in Maryland for 6 months and finally it opened. So this is a review of the Maryland one. They actually have more than just fried chicken on the menu. We tried their Japanese pancake okonomiyaki and it was pretty good. If you compare the price of fried chicken with other fast food joint, it is kinda pricey. I am not sure if it was the best wings/chicken. I am actually not too crazy about the coating and the stickiness. Think about it, it is really just a dressed up fast food joint.