“"Weird experience"”

Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“"Weird experience"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I booked a couples massage package that included a king jacuzzi suite, even after reading some bad reviews about the suites, because I know you can't please everyone. I walked in to ask to see a executive king jacuzzi suite and the older front desk lady immediately shut me down and said that we are booked and no rooms are available. I asked, can I just make my reservation? See said yes take the elevator downstairs to the spa. She could have suggested a time to come back to view the room since the package is over $500, but she could care less. The pictures of the suites on the website are floor plans. I need to see actual updated pictures. Anyway, 6 days later on a Sunday I called to ask if I can stop by to see the suites and the guy tells me we are booked for today and tomorrow. This is very weird to me, as if they don't want you to see the room before your stay. If you are that busy post better pictures. I will be canceling my reservation, because I feel that my special night will turn into a nightmare!

4 Thank lovey408
abushtv, Manager at The Spa at Turf Valley, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hi,

Thank you so much for bringing your experience to our attention. I am dismayed that you had such trouble learning more about our rooms. It concerns me that you were not directed to the Photo Gallery on our website to get a better feel for the tone of our accommodations since we were not able to offer you a tour at the time, and I will follow up on that. I'm very sorry to hear that you chose not to stay with us and we hope that you would give us the opportunity to show you the positive Turf Valley experience that we strive for.

Please feel free to contact me at visitus@turfvalley.com.

Again, thank you for your feedback -
Andrea Bush
eCommerce Manager
Turf Valley

Temple Hills, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Peace, Quiet, and Relaxation!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I found this spa online about a year ago. I decided to take a visit on Friday, Feb. 28th for their Winter Spa Day Special which included lunch and one hour long service. I arrived and was greeted warmly. I was informed that my lunch was ready upon arrival. I ate my lunch it was o.k. Not the spa's fault. After lunch I completed a short information sheet, then I was escorted to a locker which was assigned to me and I put on the luxury robe and comfortable slippers provided. Next, I went to the waiting area to wait for my appointment with someone for a body scrub with shower rinse. I didn't wait long and was greeted with a happy smile by Robert. He introduced himself and showed me to my room where I would have him put wonderful smelling oils, salts, and other stuff on my body. He was very gentle and explained everything as he went along. Robert always asked how i was doing during the procedure. I'm used to being in water so the huge amount of being sprayed on me with the hose that he used and the shower heads above my head didn't bother me one bit. I almost slipped into a deep, deep sleep. Robert was excellent!!! I asked Robert what other services is he responsible for at the spa and he informed me that he gives massages as well. After my body scrub I was escorted to the waiting area again. A few minutes later I heard my name called and was warmly introduced to Sun, she explained that she was going to give me a facial. Sun explained the proper way that I should lie on the table and then she exited to give me time to get under the Warm covers on the massage table. I have had many, many facials, But, Nothing like the one that I received from Sun. Before the facial starts she informed me that she was going to put hand warmers on my hands, they were nice and toasty!!! Next, Sun swaddled me like a new born baby by tucking the sheets from the massage table over me and under me. Make an appt. for Sun if you want the experience!!!Sun informed me about the products that she was using, Dermalogica, during my facial and while waiting on a masque to set I received a foot massage and it wasn't ticklish at all!!! I think my eyes started to roll backwards as my body started to believe that I was home in my own comfortable bed. The room was quiet and peaceful!!!! I didn't notice any noises outside of the room. Spas specials are best Monday-Friday, and they change Each month, so check out their website. Also, I was informed that Teachers receive a 15% discournt on spa services every Monday. If you want to get away from family or friends, or your boss, please request Robert/Sun to help you achieve some peace, quiet and relaxation for a couple of hours. I plan on another visit in April.

Visited February 2014
Nottingham, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spa is better than the resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I made reservations for V-day weekend at Turf Valley. At last minute I scheduled a Deep Tissue Massage for my fiance. He's never had a massage and is always very tense, so I figured it would be a great surprise. Everyone was very friendly and prompt. We arrived fifteen minutes before the appointment and they were all ready for us. The music was soothing and at an appropriate level and they had a nice comfortable waiting area. My fiance didn't have to wait long as he was taken back as soon as he was finished filling out his new customer profile. He was asked about his previous experiences and I felt it was wonderful that they keep the clients comfort in mind. A first massage can either be a pleasant or extremely unpleasant experience. Many people don't know what to expect so far as the amount of pressure applied to the body.

He came out feeling refreshed, and satisfied. We plan to return for a couples massage. Turf Valley itself cancelled our room due to "maintenance issues" but the spa was wonderful! Even if I never stay at the resort I will return to the spa.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Amber B
abushtv, Manager at The Spa at Turf Valley, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hi, Amber -

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad to hear that you and your fiance enjoyed your experience at our Spa. I am, however, concerned to hear about the confusion with your hotel room. I have shared your feedback with our team and the Director who you reached out to separately will be touching base with you about this.

Please feel free to contact me at visitus@turfvalley.com if you have any questions or concerns, or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Andrea Bush
eCommerce Manager
Turf Valley
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Pleasant, but not worth the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I received a swedish massage gift certificate from my sister for Mother's Day and had a pleasant experience, but wasn't overwhelmed by any means. The waiting room was a little disconcerting, since it's an open sunroom area and although they offered for you to get into a robe, I felt there was no privacy and didn't feel comfortable in that setting. My room was really chilly, as were the sheets, but they had sheet warmers, which helped. The room atmosphere was calming and soothing and the effort was made for you to feel relaxed. It just wasn't worth the money, in my opinion. I have been to many other places that were more posh for less cost.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jennifer9190
Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great for a Spa Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

A nice place to have a spa day and get away from it all. A friend and I have been twice for the "Total Indulgence" package, that includes a facial, massage, body treatment, and lunch. A good value for all that's included.

First time was terrific; all services were very good, and we left completely relaxed. Second time was very good, though the body treatment I received seemed rushed and uneven at times. Facials were good. Massages were good. I had TT this time for massage, and she was very kind and really tried to pay attention to the spots in my back that were knotted, and made suggestions after. The managers both times were very nice and wanted to be sure we were relaxing and enjoying ourselves.

Lunch is included in this package, and both meals, both times, were excellent. Spa water and granola bars are available at all times, and it's nice to relax in the quiet room with a book, or on the patio in a rocking chair.

Tip: If you truly want a getaway, schedule one treatment for the morning, then lunch, then two afternoon treatments. Swim, use the whirlpool or sauna, and relax and unwind in between treatments.

A relaxing getaway. Already looking forward to our next spa day!

Visited June 2013