“Best Mediterranean food”

Nora's Kabob Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Nora's Kabob Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chatham Road
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Best Mediterranean food we have had in a long time. Everything was fresh tasting and seasoned well!

1  Thank JustMommaJ

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I tried Nora's Kabob for the first time and came away impressed. I got the lamb gyro which came with a pie of spinach pie and side salad (cucumber, tomato, onion) and the price was only $8.50. The gyro was excellent and price was very reasonable. And I am Greek so I take my gyros seriously! The person taking the order was very nice too. I did take out but there are a couple of tables if you want to eat there. I will definitely be back!

3  Thank jsaint625
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We love Middle Eastern food...that said we were disappointed with the new Nora's venture. The food needs a bit of loving care, which it is not getting from the kitchen. It seems that it is more important to get the food out then to serve up a quality product. The hummus was very disappointing as was the bread. The lamb just doesn't come up to "snuff" either. The front end attendant was very pleasant, but was not able to "attend" due to some glitches in the back of the house. The restaurant deserves a second chance visit and we will do that just to satisfy our love of the cuisine. I sure hope that they work the rough spots out of the restaurant!

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Nora's Kabob recently opened in Ellicott City on Route 40 and we decided to see what it was about, being familiar with Nora's Cafe run by the same people. Not knowing a lot about Greek food, it was a little confusing at first trying to decide what to order. We went for the kabobs served over basmati rice with sides of a chopped cucumber, tomato and lettuce salad and a yogurt and cucumber dip for the kabob meat. I had a chicken kabob and my friend had lamb, which she said was good. There are also steak kabobs. A lady next to us ordered a wrap (she chose various ingredients for it) which looked very tasty, and she said it was delicious. I definitely intend to go back to try more items. There are no waiters; you go up to a buffet style counter and choose your food from there. Everything seemed nice and fresh. It's a small place but not as yet crowded during the weekday lunch hours.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

An excellent new food find in Ellicott City, MD. Tasty chicken,lamb and beef dishes served with a lightly dressed salad.
With multiple choices on the menu from appetizers to main dishes, Nora's Kabob has something new for everyone to try.
*Limited seating, and, the young staff is very helpful.*

jsl