“A different dining cultural experience...”
Review of Honey Pig

Honey Pig
Ranked #21 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Barbecue, Asian, Korean
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“A different dining cultural experience...”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I didn't give it 5 only because i have been there 2 times and would like to try more dishes before I give it a 5. First for us we have to drive about an hour to get there, but for me personally I think it's worth the drive. There are so many things to pick from and I like that they give you different condiments to try. If you arent sure what it is in something the person that served us each time were more than willing to explain. I've seen some reviews where people said they were confused with some of the items, a little hard to read, but you have to keep in mind it's a Korean restaurant and probably most Korean people work there, so it's not your typical american restaurant. They do have some items in english, but as i said if you have a question ask. It was a very neat experience and a lot of fun and would recommend this to anybody who wants to try something new. We will continue going there.

• Visited January 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good food, loud atmosphere.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my meal at Honey Pig. It was reasonably priced and very authentic. There was more than enough food for both myself and my wife.

The only drawbacks I would mention is that it is very crowded and chaotic, which was okay for me because it just reminded me of similar experiences actually had in Korea. Also expect to wait for a while on busy nights, which means standing out front or inside the crowded and small entryway.

I would definitely go back, but it may not be for everyone.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A fun family dining experience.”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

A friend gave us a groupon for the Honey Pig, and so we took a little family outing with our 2 year old on an early Friday night. When we dine, we are all about the atmosphere and experience as well as the food, and this place was very fun and interesting!

The staff was attentive and accommodating, giving our little girl a balloon right when we walked in (which entertained her the whole time) and she thought the kid's plates were awesome. The training chop sticks were a nice touch too! Our server was quick to give suggestions and explanations when asked. I was confused a bit at what we were supposed to eat and when with all the condiments and side dishes, but discovering what to do was part of the fun.

We ordered WAY too much food, and had plenty to take home. We ordered fried dumplings, beef ribs and pork belly. The food came so quickly, and I loved that it stayed hot at our table the entire meal. Even our toddler enjoyed every bite.

We arrived a little before 5, but noticed it got crowded very quickly. Dine early for a quieter evening!

• Visited December 2012
Columbia, Maryland
“The food was OK, however the management/staff is a problem.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've eaten here twice figuring we'd give it two chances. The first time the waitress forgot to add sauce to the meat, a manager noticed and told her, and then let her serve it to us burned. The second time the waitress told us since there were two of us we "had" to order two dishes. We told her we were not very hungry and then she said something like "ok this time. next time you have to order two dishes." Who do these people think they are? I refuse to return. If the staff knew how to treat customers I'd upgrade this place to three stars but they don't. It is clear the #1 priority there is volume.

• Visited August 2012
Owings Mills, Maryland
“A Great Korean BBQ Joint”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Love their food. The service is quick and lavish and the food is excellent. From the Bulgogi, to the rice, to the kimchee a delicious culinary event. I highly recommend this restaurant for group outings, date nights, girls night out, or just any spur of the moment dinner outing. The entire menu would be hard to place in this review but the item I would recommend is probably the pork belly as it is very flavorful.

• Visited August 2012