“I dig the Honey Pig”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I went to Honey Pig's Ellicott City location on a Sunday for lunch. It was my first time eating there and had not read any of the reviews. I must say I was impressed. You'll notice its stark, industrial decor the minute you walk in. The iron plumbing pipes used as room dividers, the unpainted corrugated steel walls, the industrial size vents above each table, etc. all show that they want you to focus on their food instead. I like that. No pretensions, just give me good food. You're greeted as you walk in and they seat you right away. The menu selections are your typical Korean dishes, including the ones were you can order and cook at your table hibachi style. They served me about six small plates of various appetizers while I waited for my order. I had the hot pot bibimbap. Not bad. Generous portions and quite tasty. Prices are reasonable. The place wasn't crowded on that day and parking was easy. I was told that they're open 7 days, 24 hours a day. More reason for me to come back and try the rest of the menu anytime. I had a bit of trouble finding the place via my GPS. For some reason it took me to Frederick Road, which is close to and parallel to Baltimore National Pike. Another difficulty was the fact that you can't see Honey Pig from the highway. They're in a shopping center tucked away behind the Double T diner.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

This was our first time to a Korean BBQ - we purchased a living social deal so that's how we ended up there.

We went around 5pm on a Saturday so it wasn't real packed. The atmosphere is up best and they have some sort of techno playing in the restaurant that makes it feel funky and upbeat. Apparently this place is open 24 hrs/ day so I bet around 3am on a weekend things get interesting in there. Because of all of the grills on the tables going, it was a bit warm inside but not bad at all.

Not all of the servers spoke English real well, we told our server it was our first time and we didn't really know how/what to order as the menu is broken out by types of meat to order. She got another server/manager type person to come over and she was SUPER nice and explained how/what to order and then recommended several items for us that she thought we would like. It was a bit intimidating at first going in as most everyone was asian(assuming korean?) and well we were not. But they did everything to make us welcome for sure.

We ordered the pork belly, and one of the marinated beefs(not the spicy one) and fried wontons. The wantons came out cooked from the back kitchen and were awesome. The pork belly and beef they cook on your own personal little grill in the center of the table. Its not quite like hibachi, you don't have a dedicated cook and you are not sitting at the same grill with others, but the servers watch your food and turn the meat until its done, and then you just eat the meat right off the grill. You can wrap the meat in lettuce and there are several different dipping sauces.

I'd totally recommend this place, especially if you are looking for something a little different. Certainly not what I was expecting but I was pleasantly surprised

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We had some great food on the barbecue in the center of the table and it was good, however, I wanted more spice to make it really tasty. We apparently ordered bland by not knowing how ot order "hot!". Not knowing the lingo and having really no one English speaking to assist, it was difficult to understand the side dishes, condiments, and what was really going on. I suggest if you go again try to go with someone who knows how to order. We tried our best googling the Korean words and looking around at other diners, but it was somewhat uncomforatable. The free sweet rich coffee they serve is a nice treat at the end! I would defintely go again after reading up on the cuisine. It was lively and friendly!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We went to the Honey Pig on a Saturday night at 8 p.m. with two kids-- ready to wait in a long line for a table. We were seated within five minutes, table was already set with all the kim chi/other appetizers, and the kids were even brought balloons! We ordered our drinks and in a timely fashion the food was ordered and raw meat was making its appearance on our grill. And boy was it wonderful. Pork, Beef, seafood bibimbap, fantastic. Cocktails were amazing as well. The place was so lively, and slowly transitioned from older couples/families to a younger late night saturday crowd. Music is loud and perfect for the atmosphere. My 3 year old was dancing in her high chair the whole time.

Our new favorite in Howard County. Shin Chon-- the place we used to frequent-- can't hold a candle to Honey Pig!

Reviewed December 25, 2011

We went to Honey Pig over the weekend to try out Korean Cuisine. I felt like I was in Korea. They had the table all ready with the side dishes/appetizers while waiting for your order. All tables are made to accommodate the way they serve their food which is literally cooked before your very eyes. We ordered the beef ribs and pork belly,the bulgogi and of course the meal will not be complete with Soju!!! We tried the yogurt flavored Soju and I was delish. They have other flavors available too. Over all I was very satisfied with my food. I will definitely comeback. Children will probably not enjoy eating here just in case you plan to bring them unless they are used to this cuisine. They don't serve dessert also. Lastly, have a drink for me..KAMPAI!!!