“Friendly neighborhood Italian restaurant - great food - great service”
Review of Stella Notte

Stella Notte
Ranked #18 of 168 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ellicott City, MD
“Friendly neighborhood Italian restaurant - great food - great service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I live nearby and have been going to Stella Notte for years. The service is friendly and efficient. The prices are reasonable. There is an extensive menu with a wide variety of options, including a few that are not Italian. Everything is delicious. We have never had a bad meal there.

• Visited March 2014

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Average all round”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We arrived to a half empty dining area and the hostess insisted we sit in the bar. The bar tables, if you are eating are--seriously--not joking--less than 8 inches between each other. You might as well make it a community table. So much for private conversation.

Food is average. Nothing spectacular. Bread is plain white bread that you have to ask for. (It's written all over the menu.) The bar staff kept our drinks filled.

Something perplexing happened at the end of the night. I gave a 20% tip. The bartender came back to me and said I didn't add it correctly and could I change it to up a dollar. I thought, "I think I know how to add..." but I didn't want to make a big deal of it. Well, lo and behold, I did add correctly and I feel like I got scammed.

Probably be another year before I make my way back again. I usually forget how average and overpriced it is and I make my way back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Becky K
Elkridge, Maryland
“Good food..a bit pricey”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This restaurant has been there for a while and it shows. We went on a Thursday night. I'm 45 and was on the young side of the diners that evening. We chose this restaurant to try for an upcoming event, a possible venue for a wedding rehearsal dinner in May so I was checking out everything. The restaurant could use a facelift. The plastic flowers aren't attractive any longer and don't do much but attract dust.
My husband ordered a beer and I a mixed drink as well as calamari. He enjoyed the calamari, I'm not a big fan. I ordered a greek like dish, "pete" something. I had to send back...usually I like vinegar but this was way over powering.. no problem, they re mixed it for me. I wouldn't get again... but I did eat it the next day for lunch. My husband had a fish with almonds, which I had several tastes of and was very good. We got an order of lasagna "to go" for our son, which was 15.99 and I was shocked at how small the portion was when we got home. Service, on the other hand, I was impressed with. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Had it not been for the friendly people there, with so many restaurants in this area, I don't know that I'd ever go back.

• Visited October 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Great Find - love their pasta, pizza and desserts”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We just love this restaurant because they have so many wonderful choices that we don't get in a rut. Their pasta dishes can be on the heavy side (who doesn't love that) but they also have some healthier choices. Their appetizers are also wonderful, as it the pizza. They have daily specials (half price appetizers, half price bottle of wine etc) - so we love to go on the weekdays. Very good food and quite reasonable.

• Visited July 2013
Columbia, Maryland
“Tasty Italian food”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We decided to give this place a try during restaurant week. We ordered off the prix fixe menu. Our waitress was friendly. Our salads were small but the house vinaigrette dressing was tasty. The pasta prima vera was very good and served hot. The desserts were small. It's cute place inside. There were outside tables available but I don't recommend them as they overlook a parking lot and a busy road.

• Visited July 2013