“Delicious pizza in no time!”
Review of Coal Fire Pizza

Coal Fire Pizza
Ranked #33 of 168 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Pizza
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Delicious pizza in no time!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My wife and I ordered a take-out pizza from Coal Fire the other night, as we had heard so many amazing things about their pies.

We imagined that the pizza would take a while to make because of the special oven, so we were incredibly surprised when we were told to come pick it up in 10 -15 minutes.

We ordered a 16 inch pizza with two toppings and signature sauce (sweet & spicy flavor), and it cost us about $20. For the size of the pizza (very thin, not too loaded with toppings), it was an expensive price. However, we are used to spending that kind of money on gourmet pizzas in the city. The flavors of the individual toppings were great, as was the pizza as a whole. The two of us ate the entire thing-a definite first for us...

Maryland
“Good food, small portions, kinda pricey”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The food here is very good. Unfortunately, the portions are small and the prices are slightly high. But, as with most places in Columbia the prices are always that way. The pizza is very good, the salads are very good and the sandwiches are delicious. The atmosphere is also inviting. I have eaten here a few times, usually for lunch or early dinner, and have sat in the bar area. Only problem here is the service is a little slow and the server drinks with the customers.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Prices, AWESOME Food”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Recently ate at Coal Fire for lunch and loved it so figured I should give them some praise. This was about my 10th time coming there for lunch and I have also been a few times for dinner. Personally I think the pizza is the best in the area. They have a great sauce topping selection, everything is fresh, and the coal fire oven gives it a great taste.

My other favorite item is the wings. They cook them in the oven so they are baked not fried, and also cook them with a few onions. I have to believe this is the only time wings taste great and would be good for you.

Other great items are the Coal Fire Salad, Chicken Sandwich, Calamari, and Crabby Mac. I can attest to them since I have had them, but I would also assume everything else is great. I haven't had any drinks there but they seem to have good HH specials and a decent wine menu.

For lunch the price is average to anywhere else in the area and for dinner I would say it is def a good deal. Overall highly recommend giving this a shot over the chains and fast foods that occupy Columbia and Ellicott City.

Columbia, MD
“Excellent thin crust pizza and fair prices”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We have been to Coal Fire Pizza about 4 or 5 times and we've never been disappointed. Since it is a pizza place we always have pizza, so can't comment on the rest of the menu. We always get the "Signature" sauce and it's great, but you can also choose spicy or regular (it might be called classic or something like that). The pizza has a thin crust so if you are looking for a thicker, Chicago style pie, this is not your place. At lunch time on weekends the place is pretty quiet, but it is packed at dinner time. Has a nice little bar with kind of a cozy feel and very attentive waitstaff and bartenders. Highly recommended!

• Visited February 2012
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Now that is Pizza”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Great flavor and a real artisan approach to food. Coal fire makes for a hot oven but not as romatic as wood burning but very good pizza.