“City shelter”
Review of Knights Inn Elkton

Knights Inn Elkton
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Elkton
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I have live in this town all my life . This and motel six across the road are nothing but dopeheads. Social services puts people here to live. Save your money and sleep in the car, at least you know you won't get pricked with a needle.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MissAprilW
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Elkton

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The room was clean. There were some issues with the wifi and TV remote. The manager really tried to help, and as I was checking out, the owner apologized for the problems. Bring your own breakfast, though, as the "continental breakfast" consisted of donut holes, one variety of micro-muffins and coffee -- that's it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I went to stay at the Knights Inn in Toledo, Ohio and it was the worst mistake of my life!! I booked a Jacuzzi suite for me and my husband for a weekend getaway.. Upon arrival I was shocked! The room was horrible smelling so the maid offered me her lighter to light a candle ( which was supposed to be for our romantic scene!) The Jacuzzi was dirty! I rented a Jacuzzi room and was only given TWO towels for the weekend... when asked for more I was told they were out... then I laid on what they called a bed but felt like a board and made the pillows feel like I was laying on a rock. so I went to get additional pillows for our heads only to be told they were out... I told them fine I want my money back to go to a different hotel. I was told no and that I had to give a 24 hr notice to cancel my room. I explained I didn't know my room would be crap 24 hours prior or I would not have spent over 200.00 reserving it! So I didn't have the money back and had to stay that night but cancelled Saturdays night. About an hour later I realized I am out of toilet paper and wouldn't you know.... they claimed out of that too! I came home and called corporate office who said they would speak to the manager of the hotel ( which is the SAME person I had the unfortunate luck of dealing with to begin with!) and he would get back with me. NEVER CALLED!! what a shock. so after a week I called corporate back who still is refusing to give me a refund which is what I wanted to begin with. This hotel is disgusting. They promised to have a continental breakfast too and they don't have that anymore. Corporates defense to that was they didn't have it for over a year...??? I have a pamphlet from my room still advertising it! The pictures on the site, and all the promises they claim they provide are false!! I took pictures and firmly plan on putting them on every personal media site I have to make sure no one goes through being swindled out of their money like we were. If a customer isn't happy they should have the option to get their money back that day and leave to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Run away and find a DIFFERENT hotel than Knights Inn.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dawnhaag
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Upon my arrival iwas greeted by the manager on duty . he was very friendly and he told that there was a problem with my reservationand he straighten it out. after a few mins he was able to resolve the matterand gave me my keys.the only issue i have with the facilityis that it needs some updating

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is absolutely the worst motel I have ever visited. The carpet was worn and grungie, the walls had stains of what appeared to be mold, and there was a strong odor of bleach or another cleanser. The bathroom floors buckled under my feet (I weigh 180). The "sketchie" characters running around the place caused me to fear for my vehicle or even my own safety. I left after staying only 4 hours. I booked this through the website of Wyndham Hotels and you can be assured the CEO of that company will be contacted. How a supposed reputable firm such as that can be associated with a place like this ?????? Maybe that reputable firm is not what I thought it was.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We were going to Elkton and made reservations on their online site. The sled dog race we were going to attend was cancelled on Thursday, so I called to cancel. I called the hotel itself and the person who answered was barely understandable and he told me to go to a web site Brand.com to cancel. Well brand.com is not any site to go to for cancellation. It is a weird site. I asked him twice about this site and even spelled it for him and he said yes.
End of this sad tale is cancellation is not possible when you book online!!!! I finally found this out when I called the 1-800 #.
So we paid for a two night stay that we didn't use!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Dirty and very un safe to stay at. I have stayed at motels for the past 20 yrs. This one here has to be on top of the list for being the worst. Who leaves a toliet plunger in the bathroom. They checked me in with a micro and fridge, walked into the room and both were stolen from the night before. No on site cameras at all.You will be taking a high risk to stay here. I'm sorry , they did give me 5 dollars refund for not having a micro and fridge.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank patrick m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton
Days Inn Elkton Newark Area
Hampton Inn Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
#1 of 8 in Elkton
Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area
Ramada Newark/Wilmington

Been to Knights Inn Elkton? Share your experiences!