“Nice place! Except on Christmas.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Elkton
South Hamilton, Massachusetts
“Nice place! Except on Christmas.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Only problem: on Christmas day, the hotel provided no services! There was no warning, except a letter in the elevator that we saw AFTER we got back to the room. What a disappointment to have the room a mess after a long day!

The hotel should not be doing this kind of thing at my expense! Where's my discount for the employees having the day off? Glad they got to have the day, but not on my dime.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced. Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Elkton, MD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
West Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed here for one night while traveling on business in November 2012. The hotel is very close to I-95. Check-in was a pleasure, the room was spacious and clean, and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is tucked away at the end of the street, so it is very quiet. There are a few local restaurants and plenty of fast food nearby. I will definitely stay here again when I return to the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
It is always nice to hear about our guest experiences. I am glad that you took the time to share yours with us and hope to see you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This Elkton hotel was very comfortable and clean. There was plenty of room for my family of 4. We have food allergies so having a kitchenette was very helpful. Also, the breakfast staff were very understanding and gave us food labels to read. The pool was warm but small. We will definitely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

We are glad that you enjoyed stay and that we were able to accommodate your needs. We look forward to seeing you again in your future travels.

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We always have a great stay here! We have stayed at this location several times and continue to come back 2 times a year. There are options closer, but not better! When we bring our Pomeranian, she is always welcomed with loving arms.
I have only ever had 1 issue with a stay. It was promptly taken care of, with the manager even coming in to oversee things after he had gone home for the day!
The staff has always been helpful and courteous! They go above and beyond expectations every time!
Very pleased as usual!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Vasu P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I didn't stay at this hotel, my husband did. If he said it was nice then it will be worth going back. I booked this hotel for my husband, who was taking our daughter to an overnight recruiting visit at the University of Delaware. He needed a one night stay with a dog tagging along. I am always nervous booking him a room because he is picky. I booked this because they allowed dogs (big dogs) ours is over 80 pounds and they don't charge a fee.

He said the hotel was clean and the lobby was very inviting. He said that if our daughter decides to go to school there we will be using this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
We are glad that your husband and daughter enjoyed their stay and look forward to seeing you as well on your future trips. Have a wonderful holiday!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I love the policy of LaQuinta regarding pets. You let us bring our dogs without question and since I don't travel without them that works for me. To my other friends with pets, PLEASE be responsible and pick up what ever your dog puts down. This shouldn't be embarrassing, just a responsibility! On our way home we stayed at the LaQuinta in Roanoke Va. and I only saw 1 other person pick up after their dog. I stepped in some poo and had to clean my shoe before I could walk anywhere. They have nice colored bags at Petsmart and LaQuinta puts strategically placed trash bins for the disposal. So common... lets be respectful of each other and our dogs and respect and thank LaQuinta for their kindness in letting us bring our furry family members. Love LaQuinta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Vasu P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you. It is always nice to hear that our guests enjoyed their time with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
#3 of 24 in Newark
Days Inn Elkton Newark Area
Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton? Share your experiences!