“Husband enjoyed it.”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Elkton
Springfield, Virginia
“Husband enjoyed it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I didn't stay at this hotel, my husband did. If he said it was nice then it will be worth going back. I booked this hotel for my husband, who was taking our daughter to an overnight recruiting visit at the University of Delaware. He needed a one night stay with a dog tagging along. I am always nervous booking him a room because he is picky. I booked this because they allowed dogs (big dogs) ours is over 80 pounds and they don't charge a fee.

He said the hotel was clean and the lobby was very inviting. He said that if our daughter decides to go to school there we will be using this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
We are glad that your husband and daughter enjoyed their stay and look forward to seeing you as well on your future trips. Have a wonderful holiday!

Tracy H
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I love the policy of LaQuinta regarding pets. You let us bring our dogs without question and since I don't travel without them that works for me. To my other friends with pets, PLEASE be responsible and pick up what ever your dog puts down. This shouldn't be embarrassing, just a responsibility! On our way home we stayed at the LaQuinta in Roanoke Va. and I only saw 1 other person pick up after their dog. I stepped in some poo and had to clean my shoe before I could walk anywhere. They have nice colored bags at Petsmart and LaQuinta puts strategically placed trash bins for the disposal. So common... lets be respectful of each other and our dogs and respect and thank LaQuinta for their kindness in letting us bring our furry family members. Love LaQuinta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Vasu P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you. It is always nice to hear that our guests enjoyed their time with us.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We booked a "king room with a queen pullout sofa". The bed was not king - more like a queen and the sofa was not a queen-more like a full size. Good thing our second child didn't come with us, there would not have been enough room. Otherwise, the stay wasn't bad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your insight is always important to us. The beds at our hotel are standard size and not California sizes. I am glad that you did enjoy your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I come to that area twice a year and always like coming to Laquita of Elkton, the prices are very good for what you get.
The rooms are kept well,beds are comfortable

Only problem was there was a mistake on the front desks part(charged double)and to resolve it was a hassle even tho it was clearly there fault. Something so easy to took so long

But I will be back, but if that happens again not going back

• Stayed June 2012
We look forward to seeing you again soon and exceeding your expectations.
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is a well kept ,clean nice hotel. No frills like hair conditioner, hand cream, shower cap. This is a suite hotel that states it has a kitchenette. I presumed that meant at least 1 burner cook top, however it did have a microwave and mini refrigerator. If you are not a dog person be sure to request the 4th floor where there are no pets. They are allowed on the other 3 floors. Breakfast was ok, but what was that meat that looked like sausages but I couldn't identify the tasted. Finally on our 3rd day they had bacon, the eggs were supposed to be scrambled but looked like an omelet chopped up in chunks. The waffles and french toast were very good. The hotel is set back from the highway and next to the Cracker Barrel. I was a little surprised when the front desk clerk advised us to be careful that the hotel was not secure. We did see a cop car go by a couple of time during our 4 day stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you choosing the La Quinta Inn and Suites in Elkton, Maryland. I am sorry that you were not notified at check in that we do have additional guest items (lotion, shower caps, etc.) at our front desk for our guests, and as always we appreciate your understanding that we are pet friendly. Accommodating to our guests needs is very important to us. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

our cousins live in Delaware, but this hotel was only 4 miles from their home.
We chose the La Quinta Inn and Suites and we were glad we did. The staff was very nice. Our room was very large, with a couch, wet bar, fridge and microwave. Everything was very clean and attractive. My niece took advantage of the breakfast, but I stayed in the room and drank my tea since I'm not a person that can eat when I first wake up. that's why I was thrilled that LaQuinta provided tea bags, sugar and creamer in the lobby and I brought it up to our room and prepared it in the convenience of our "kitchen".
There are many hotels in the area since the University of DE is here, but we made a good decision staying at this convenient location.

My sister was not happy with the quality of the mattress and pillows, but they were fine enough for me.

Room Tip: Large rooms with many amenities
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nanaiscool
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Jarrettsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed this past weekend (August 24-26), 2012 at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Elkton, Maryland. We had a group of 35 rooms booked. Tracy, the Assistant General Manager, assisted in booking and providing a meeting room for a hospitality event on Friday evening, complimentary. When the other motels in the area wanted to charge $150.00 extra for 3 hours for providing a room for the hospitality. The rooms were clean, and all rooms were suites. Breakfast was good. The pool was nice and clean. I highly recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much. We really enjoyed having you and your group here. It was really a lot of fun. We would love to host again next year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
#5 of 24 in Newark
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South
Days Inn Elkton Newark Area
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton? Share your experiences!