“Sweet Tea Refueling Station #10102 (3.3 out of 5)”
Review of McDonald's

McDonald's
Ranked #31 of 95 Restaurants in Elkton
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Heading back home from business in Philly, I stopped here off I-95 to order a Large Sweet Iced Tea ($1.00) refreshment from off the Dollar Menu. As always it did the trick to quench my thirst and I was back on the road in no time.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stopped in here for a quick bite to eat. Our cashier did NOT know what she was doing. She started to take our order at the right most cash register. After ordering 2 items she moved to the middle register, then quickly to the left most register. I'm not sure what the problem was, but she did not even signal for us to move or follow her. She just started hopping registers. Then we asked her about the fry sizes and 4 pc. nugget prices since they are NOT listed on the menu. She hesitated, then started punching buttons on the register to look up the prices. We also asked her about whether a small fry was a paper sack or cardboard sleeve. She did NOT even answer the question.

We ended up ordering off of their "dollar menu", which is NOT a dollar. A McDouble here is 1.19. They have some sandwiches that are $2.00 on their "dollar menu". Also they put the 20 pc nugget on there, which is $5.00. There are NO fries on the dollar menu. The small fry is not even a dollar here!! Watch the prices of the items you are ordering OFF the "dollar" menu, because they are not ALL a dollar. Yet, the 4 pc. chicken nuggets ARE a dollar & they aren't even on the menu. Go figure!

Once we ordered, our order was up pretty quickly. However, we had ordered 2 of their Buffalo Ranch McChicken sandwiches & only 1 was rung up. So we had to wait to order another one. I think it should have been given to us "on the house" since our service was SO bad, but the manager charged us anyways. We told the manager that our service was POOR and she said she would upgrade one of our medium fries to a large at no charge, but not give us the 2nd McChicken FREE. This was NOT a solution to my problem since we already ordered another LARGE fry!

Bottom Line: The food was decent and our order was accurate. The location is convenient to I-95 and there is a HUGE parking lot with spaces for LARGE vehicles/RVs/tractor trailers. The dollar menu is overpriced as most items were slightly higher than $1 or MORE. NO fries on the dollar menu. Register service was poor, as was the manager's handling of our complaints.

IF passing through the area & you are not short on time...I would opt for Cracker Barrel, Waffle House OR Durham's BBQ. There is a Taco Bell-KFC across the street from this McDonald's too that has better service. OR if you want a quick pizza, check out Nick & Joe's up the block.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

It's McDonald's. They pride themselves on the fact that they are the same - worldwide! Really? TripAdvisor? McDonalds?

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I encountered friendly staff here at this McDonalds in Elkton. A little courtesy goes a long way! My children were treated respectfully and so was I. That is always a pet peeve with me. The bathrooms were clean as well! Whenever I go into an establishment, it needs to have clean bathrooms. This McDonald's was on target with this requirement.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This town shuts down at 10pm on weekends! While the Mc D indoor restaurant was closed, the drive up was open. The local BK did not have a drive through. It was near I-95. The alternative would have been gas station food.

Been to McDonald's? Share your experiences!