Overall, this B&B is pretty good. This is the first one I've stayed at outside of the Lancaster area, so my expectations were pretty high. We weren't greeted at check in by anyone, but found an envelope on a table with my name on it and found our way to our room. The room itself had a ton of decorations, which I generally find cheesy, but that's only because I have kind of simple taste. The room smelled a little musty, but that's probably because the inn itself is an old, stone building. I think adding some candles or plug in air fresheners would take care of that problem. The whirlpool was perfect, though, as was the sleep number bed! As we were looking for somewhere to relax and unwind, the whirlpool and the bed were the most important parts! :) There were lots of restaurants within a close range of driving; lots of stuff near University of Delaware. The breakfast at this bed and breakfast was a bit of a let down. It was mostly continental stuff like yogurt and waffles and fruit. Like I said before, though, I'm comparing this to B&Bs that I've been to in the Lancaster area, where they serve homemade breakfasts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely Colonial Manor House with each room and suite individually decorated. Warm charm, relaxing setting, wonderful free breakfasts and a Day Spa on the property in case you would like a massage, facial or other spa services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Elk Forge B&B Inn, Retreat and Day Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elk Forge Bed And Breakfast Inn, Retreat And Day Spa
- Elk Forge b&b Inn, Retreat And Day Hotel Elkton