“New Management changes everything :(”

Elk Forge B&B Inn, Retreat and Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Elkton B&B and Inns
Derwood, MD
Reviewed August 7, 2005

An outline of my stay this past weekend. Arrived to no one at the house for greeting, called manager who checked me in by explaining some of her woes and pointing me to my room upstairs, she wasn't sure of where it was located, only mgr for 2 months & had no idea where rooms were?. Room, could have been very nice. However - I was able to write my name in dust on the end table, came across a dead moth on the floor, and found tiny fruit flies to be a problem near bedside lamp. That eve, wanted a tubsoak so bad, but water was brownish yellow, made my stomach turn. Mgr offered another bath in another room, which she had problems locating as well (clueless?)----found tub to be dirty & started to clean it myself, gave up on bath altogether. Next morning, went downstairs for a serve yourself breakfast, with cold coffee. If I wanted eggs & bacon it would be made for me. Had a wonderful message that afternoon, returned hungry at 3:30 and searched for the tea and desserts but none to be found. Next a.m. went to shower, praying for clean water, and it was clean, but subzero temps. Later found prob w/water heater. Mgr did offer everyone a late check out to shower(?). Breakfast was running late and overall everyone seemed a bit frazzled. Not a good place. A few nice gestures here and there, & many apologies to all guests for their various issues upon leaving. I can not stress how disappointed I was in this, especially after reading all the wonderful reviews. I only hope the owners read these reviews.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 26, 2005

We visited the Elk Forge Bed & Breakfast for three nights. The atmosphere of this B&B was amazing. It was very soothing and relaxing. The scenery was beautiful and the grounds were emaculate. The hosts were very knowledgable and helpful with informing us of various local sights and activities that would best suit both my wifes and I's interests. We left Elk Forge feeling more energized and refreshed than we had felt for years. This is a wonderful and great spot to visit time and again.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 4, 2005

The Elk Forge Bed and Breakfast was really great! I truly felt a feeling of being at home when I was there. The staff was great, the rooms were very comfortable, clean and cozzy. We were in the Country Club suite, and it was very nice. It was the first time I actually felt like just staying at the Bed and Breakfast after driving all that way, I liked it so much I just didn't want to leave.

Dallas
Reviewed December 27, 2004

Visit Date: 1st weekend of November.

I must say that my wife and I had one of the most relaxing weekends of the entire year. The B&B offers tons of space, great service and food, and the softest bed I've ever had the priveledge of sleeping on. This stay was well worth the price, and I'll definitely return.

O Fallon, MO
Reviewed December 22, 2004

What a luxurious place, with a friendly staff! We stayed at this bed and breakfast on our honeymoon and it is really more luxurious than many resorts that I have stayed in! Excellent price, and the staff went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable and that our needs were met. They were friendly and helped direct us to some of the nearby attractions. They also have a day spa on the premisis! We will definitely be returning in the near future and will try to stay here as often as we can!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
#3 of 24 in Newark
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in North East

Been to Elk Forge B&B Inn, Retreat and Day Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Elk Forge B&B Inn, Retreat and Day Spa

Address: 807 Elk Mills Road, Elkton, MD 21921
Location: United States > Maryland > Elkton
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 3 B&Bs / Inns in Elkton
Price Range: $135 - $230 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Elk Forge B&B Inn, Retreat and Day Spa 2.5*
Lovely Colonial Manor House with each room and suite individually decorated. Warm charm, relaxing setting, wonderful free breakfasts and a Day Spa on the property in case you would like a massage, facial or other spa services. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Elk Forge B&B Inn, Retreat and Day Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Elk Forge Bed And Breakfast Inn, Retreat And Day Spa