Elk Forge B&B Inn, Retreat and Day Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$102
Hotels.com
$114
CandlewoodSuites
Elkton Lodge(Elkton)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbed and breakfasthot tubbeautiful propertyelectric fireplacelongwood gardensrelaxing weekendchesapeake citythird flooryogurtwalking trailscouples massagemake your owncarriage housenature trailshort drivefull kitchenconservatory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Great place in an area with lots to see and do. Breakfast is heartier with eggs, potatoes and bacon in interesting recipes. Did not have enought time to take advantage of the spa services, hopefully next visit. Did see people enjoying "tea" in the afternoon and it looked delicious. There is also a shop with a wide variety of tea to purchase along with books, china and cut glass to bring back pleasant memories of your wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor have sloped ceilings - might not be good for very tall people.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine235
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My husband and I bought a deal on living social to stay at Elk Forge- and so glad we did. The manager was more than helpful when I called to ask if I could hold a room until my coupon came through Living Social- he looked it up for me no problem and booked the room. Place was very cute- room was nice. On-site spa definitely a plus! Breakfast was good both mornings- location was excellent with lots to do in surrounding areas. Will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 897lisac897
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Elk Forge and it was a very pleasant stay. The staff were great and the room was gorgeous. Will definitely return in the near future!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank neil z
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Livingsocial.com had a deal for Elk Forge and though close, my husband and I decided to go here for a getaway weekend. We stayed in the Philadelphia room with its king size bed (roomy and comfy), an electric fireplace and whirlpool tub. It was a big room! We had issues with the back light through the closed white blinds in the 6 foot tall window. It was directly across from the bed and very bright in the nighttime. They need room darkening something on the window or get brown blinds or pull down shades. I also scalded the top of my foot as the tub water was way too hot.
The breakfast food was good; we had quiche two days in a row. We also had fresh fruit and you could make waffles. The loose tea was nice and different. We didn't walk around the property, but it looked lovely. All in all, a nice stay. Having a comfy bed is a big thing. And wifi was nice too.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DomGoddess
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We had a lovely time at Elk Forge B & B the first weekend in February. My husband had a massage and I had a facial. Both were very relaxing. The inn and the staff are very friendly and hospitable. The conservatory where we ate breakfast is large and airy. There were a pair of doves and 2 baby doves while we were there. We watched one of their many VHS tapes and enjoyed stepping back in time a bit. An escape from technology was refreshing although don't worry they do have cable. We explored the surrounding areas and had a very nice dinner at Steak and Main and some drinks at Unwined in Northeast. We met some very nice locals that gave us the history of the are. We also went into Chesapeake City and watched sports, ate some great pizza and was entertained by a very knowledgeable bartender. On the way home we stopped at Port Deposit (a very unique historical town) and had a meal in Havre de Grace. It was a very enjoyable weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Elkton Room. It was very clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple