Hampton Inn Elkton
$110
CandlewoodSuites
$62
Elkton Lodge(Elkton)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscomplimentary breakfasttrain noisenice hotelrailroad trackscookiesbusiness tripeasy accessroom was cleanconvenient locationstaff was friendlyexcellent staywould stay againfair hilloff the highwaywaffle housegreat place to staygreat breakfast
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had to stop here unexpectedly, and it was a clean, professional, no problem stay. Rooms were great, check-in was great and breakfast was a bonus. Beds were super comfy, parking lot was safe and it's a good choice if you are looking for a pit stop as I was, late at night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed one night for business. I am a Diamond member and still got a room on the first floor under the lobby, facing the train track which is literally 200 feet (maybe less) from the hotel. I checked in when it was dark out, and honestly thought the hotel was in the flight pattern of the nearby airport, which is why I didn't request a new room, and it wasn't until the morning that I looked out the window and realized it was a fast commuter train, which ran quite often, and literally shook the room. Forget sleeping. I heard (and felt) the train in the lobby as well. In addition, besides the obligatory rude guests that decide to talk loudly walking past your room at midnight, the rooms are poorly insulated; you can hear the neigbors turbo-flush toilet like it was next to your bed, as well as people going up and down the stairs to get to the "dungeon" 1st floor. There are other hotels in the area that would be a much better choice. Never again.

Room Tip: If you must stay DO not get a room facing the train track.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Gunzee
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Ok this is a nice highway stop for those who are in transit but there is nothing that is standing out about this location, it is a clean, confortable hotel with all the normal amenities. Great breakfast and friendly staff. My only complaint is the pool and the gym... The gym is like a closet and the pool while of decent size... Open at 10 am to 9 pm.... Not good if you are in transit on a overnight stay! I made a recommendation to Hampton Inn regarding this issue and hopefully they will change the hours. We like to gym and swim before breakfast! The breakfast on the other hand was excellent!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I spent the night here because I had business first thing in the morning in Newark, Delaware, which is a few minutes away.

Check-in was a breeze, but no upgrades despite my Diamond status.

Room was comfortable and up to date, but nothing special.

Breakfast was the same exact breakfast that you get at any Hampton Inn anywhere else.

I was disappointed that there is nowhere to sit outside. It was an unusually warm day for December, and I thought I'd sit outside for some fresh air, but there are no picnic tables or park benches on the hotel property. I made a comment about this to the staff at the counter and was told that this was a common request.

I will say that the staff here is particularly friendly and helpful. They gave me a great recommendation for a restaurant for dinner (the nearby Howard House Tavern).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here for the night on my way north. Cookies were available upon arrival. This is a standard Hampton Inn. Good hot breakfast provided. Enjoyed the comfy beds. Room was clean and staff was very friendly. The indoor pool looked inviting but I did not use it. The hotel is convenient to the highway.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple