Hampton Inn Elkton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Elkton Lodge(Elkton)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscomplimentary breakfasttrain noisenice hotelrailroad trackscookiesbusiness tripeasy accessroom was cleanconvenient locationstaff was friendlyexcellent staywould stay againfair hilloff the highwaywaffle housegreat place to staygreat breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here for the night on my way north. Cookies were available upon arrival. This is a standard Hampton Inn. Good hot breakfast provided. Enjoyed the comfy beds. Room was clean and staff was very friendly. The indoor pool looked inviting but I did not use it. The hotel is convenient to the highway.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights (10/12 and 10/13) to attend my stepson's wedding nearby. My husband booked 4 rooms here, and not a complaint from anyone who stayed there. I did read other reviews about this property that mentioned noise from nearby trains. We had no issue with this, but it may have been that our rooms were at the front of the hotel and the railway was behind. (but even outside, the trains weren't particularly loud) Rooms were spacious and very clean. We had in 3 of the rooms, a small "kitchen" type area with microwave, refrigerator and sink. I would recommend this type of room if staying for more than 1 night. Location is very convenient to highway, and there are several businesses nearby that really added to our overall comfort during our stay. There are a few fast food restaurants and a convenient store practically in the parking lot. The complimentary breakfast is by far one of the best I have ever had at a hotel. Several options offered, including hot items like eggs and waffles. We arrived by a van service, so we did not have a vehicle. The staff made sure to give us all info needed to acquire cabs. They went out of their way to get us menus from restaurants that delivered so we wouldn't have to find somewhere ourselves. Overall, nice, clean hotel, very accomodating staff. Great breakfast buffet. Don't hesitate to stay at this hotel if in the area.

Room Tip: I would say rooms at the front if only to not have a problem with the train noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Elkton on Sunday, 9/16. It was very quiet - had to wait to check in when I arrived at 8:30 p.m. as the desk clerk was off attending to an emergency in the laundry room. The pool was closed for maintenance issues. I was given a room on the 3rd floor and they were ready for me with my request for no feather pillows, which was a nice plus. The room was an interesting mix - dated in carpeting, wall paper, light fixtures, etc., but modern in bedding and TV. It was very, very clean - but in need of updating for torn wall paper, badly beaten up furniture, a chair that felt as if it had been carved out of solid rock, chips in the bathroom counter, etc. The soda machine on my floor would not accept change. It was a bit disconcerting to open my door in the morning and find two pillows leaning on the wall by the door - I suppose they were anticipating my departure and wanting to put feather pillows back in the room. Having spent the previous three nights at a different Hampton Inn that was very modern AND very clean, this was a little disappointing. Perhaps the biggest issue for me was that the room smelled of stale cigarette smoke with air freshener trying to cover it up - which never works. The smell really bothered me. However - it was clean and I got a good night's sleep, with easy check-in (once the clerk returned) and easy check-out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2012

clean room, clean bathroom, the beds were comfortable and clean. the carpet was clean. the staff are very friendly and helpful. this hampton inn has an indoor pool. it is what ive come to expect from the hampton inn. the coffee and cookies in the lobby are a welcome sight after you've been driving for hours and are tired. im giving 4 instead of 5 stars bcuz the breakfast although very good and lots of choices was not kept up by the girl who was suppsed to be filling the trays. and whats the best thing i can say about the hampton inn? NO INCIDENTALS ON YOUR CREDIT CARD!!! whoopeee!

Room Tip: we stayed on the fourth floor facing the main parking lot. although located near train tracks we did not hear it at all
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

As I travel more and more I have learned to appreciate one thing the most when staying in hotels and that is CLEANLINESS.

This Hampton Inn is immaculate, the staff is very friendly and the rooms look great.

We had our wedding in Chesapeake City, MD and the Hampton Inn was the closest hotel to the venue. The staff was extremely courteous to our guests and the breakfast buffet was a great meeting spot for everybody in the morning. Also, since we had a lot of friends in town we had some late night get togethers in the rooms... My grandmother (who is a light sleeper) was in the room right next to the room with the "get together" and she said she didn't hear a peep the whole night so that was pretty cool!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family