“Great place, friendly staff...”
Review of Hampton Inn Elkton

Hampton Inn Elkton
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Elkton
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights (10/12 and 10/13) to attend my stepson's wedding nearby. My husband booked 4 rooms here, and not a complaint from anyone who stayed there. I did read other reviews about this property that mentioned noise from nearby trains. We had no issue with this, but it may have been that our rooms were at the front of the hotel and the railway was behind. (but even outside, the trains weren't particularly loud) Rooms were spacious and very clean. We had in 3 of the rooms, a small "kitchen" type area with microwave, refrigerator and sink. I would recommend this type of room if staying for more than 1 night. Location is very convenient to highway, and there are several businesses nearby that really added to our overall comfort during our stay. There are a few fast food restaurants and a convenient store practically in the parking lot. The complimentary breakfast is by far one of the best I have ever had at a hotel. Several options offered, including hot items like eggs and waffles. We arrived by a van service, so we did not have a vehicle. The staff made sure to give us all info needed to acquire cabs. They went out of their way to get us menus from restaurants that delivered so we wouldn't have to find somewhere ourselves. Overall, nice, clean hotel, very accomodating staff. Great breakfast buffet. Don't hesitate to stay at this hotel if in the area.

Room Tip: I would say rooms at the front if only to not have a problem with the train noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Elkton on Sunday, 9/16. It was very quiet - had to wait to check in when I arrived at 8:30 p.m. as the desk clerk was off attending to an emergency in the laundry room. The pool was closed for maintenance issues. I was given a room on the 3rd floor and they were ready for me with my request for no feather pillows, which was a nice plus. The room was an interesting mix - dated in carpeting, wall paper, light fixtures, etc., but modern in bedding and TV. It was very, very clean - but in need of updating for torn wall paper, badly beaten up furniture, a chair that felt as if it had been carved out of solid rock, chips in the bathroom counter, etc. The soda machine on my floor would not accept change. It was a bit disconcerting to open my door in the morning and find two pillows leaning on the wall by the door - I suppose they were anticipating my departure and wanting to put feather pillows back in the room. Having spent the previous three nights at a different Hampton Inn that was very modern AND very clean, this was a little disappointing. Perhaps the biggest issue for me was that the room smelled of stale cigarette smoke with air freshener trying to cover it up - which never works. The smell really bothered me. However - it was clean and I got a good night's sleep, with easy check-in (once the clerk returned) and easy check-out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2012

clean room, clean bathroom, the beds were comfortable and clean. the carpet was clean. the staff are very friendly and helpful. this hampton inn has an indoor pool. it is what ive come to expect from the hampton inn. the coffee and cookies in the lobby are a welcome sight after you've been driving for hours and are tired. im giving 4 instead of 5 stars bcuz the breakfast although very good and lots of choices was not kept up by the girl who was suppsed to be filling the trays. and whats the best thing i can say about the hampton inn? NO INCIDENTALS ON YOUR CREDIT CARD!!! whoopeee!

Room Tip: we stayed on the fourth floor facing the main parking lot. although located near train tracks we did...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

As I travel more and more I have learned to appreciate one thing the most when staying in hotels and that is CLEANLINESS.

This Hampton Inn is immaculate, the staff is very friendly and the rooms look great.

We had our wedding in Chesapeake City, MD and the Hampton Inn was the closest hotel to the venue. The staff was extremely courteous to our guests and the breakfast buffet was a great meeting spot for everybody in the morning. Also, since we had a lot of friends in town we had some late night get togethers in the rooms... My grandmother (who is a light sleeper) was in the room right next to the room with the "get together" and she said she didn't hear a peep the whole night so that was pretty cool!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed for one night and the room we got was in the basement had to go down a floor. Room smelled of well like a moldy basement! The bathroom was not clean the towels that were hanging felt and smelled as if they were used and just hung up. Pool and hot tub had not been cleaned. Don't waste the $160.00 to stay there several other hotels in the area within a few miles.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank retiredandlovingit1
Reviewed July 26, 2012

stayed for one night on business. very friendly front desk & check in experience. free local pizza for happy hour was a nice touch. drive into Newark is convenient. room was a bit outdated, but clean.

Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Managed to get 2 rooms on the 5th July on our way back from Washington on route to New York.Husband and I had one room with two beds and had grandson in with us and daughter and our granddaughter had another room. We all enjoyed a swim and the biscuits, coffee,tea and chocolate offered and also lovely breakfast.Really friendly lady at the front desk and couldnt do enough for us.After such a good experience have now tried to find other hotels under this chain....and as we are travelling for 2 months will be quite a few...Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area
Comfort Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn and Suites
#3 of 24 in Newark
Days Inn Elkton Newark Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North East
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana

Been to Hampton Inn Elkton? Share your experiences!