“Wonderful Experience!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I love going to Mick's Crab House, and every time I have a wonderful experience there. The wait staff could not be more friendly and make it their priority to ensure I am catered to at all times. I have never once had a bad experience there let alone bad food. I recommend this place to all my family and friends.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went there today 8-25-13 for a nice family dinner. Worst restaurant experience I have ever had. The deal is if you get all you can eat crabs they all have to be the same size, which is fine. My 7 year old granddaughter was carrying a crab on a plate to her mother at the other end of the table. The waitress yells out that's it I'm charging you for the kid touching the crab $25. My granddaughter hates crabs!!! Next a waiter walks by with one big crab on a tray. My son-in-law inquired about the crab and the waiter gives it to him. Two minutes later the waiter comes back and says that wasn't for you. The waiter told the manager Burt demanded the $5 crab. We asked to speak to the manager who was even more rude than his staff. He informed us that we were paying for the bog crab. This place totally ruined our family dinner and no one felt like eating anymore crabs. I sure hope someone in charge is reading all these bad reviews.

4  Thank Patricia W
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is the second time I went there to give this place another chance. The second experience was just as bad as the first. The waitress staff is very, very rude with a bad, bad attitude. The service was extremely poor. The waitresses were bending over backwards for some customers who seemed like regulars, but totally was ignoring us. Had to flag down other waitresses to get refills on drinks and our crab bucket cleaned out. We had to wait on drinks and crabs the whole time. We finished the first round of all you can eat and had to wait about 15 before the next round was brought to us. The waitress didn't even know how much the beers were. The mediums were extremely small with not much meat in them. That evening me and my wife both had diarrhea from eating there. This place is a joke. I do not recommend anyone to eat there.

3  Thank Jack J
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I wanted to start off Memorial Day weekend right with some good crabs, and I did just that! We normally get crabs from a local's favorite in DE City but their prices were high and the crabs were scarce. I really wanted to go somewhere where I good eat, pick, and enjoy. Mick's offered all you can eat crabs for $30. Though, the crabs were not very big, which is to be expected since it is early in the season, they tasted great. The seasoning was perfect. Our waitress was so nice and accommodating. My sister hates seafood so she order a burger which she did say wasn't very good, but hey its a seafood restaurant. She did get desert-"funnel cake fries".....Yum-oh! My sister and brother n law order a chicken casadia for an appetizer and it was stuffed full of chicken and very tasty. My husband and brother n law got clams in garlic sauced and loved them! We had two toddlers with us and they had a nice choice of kids meals at a great price. The waitress was so nice to the kids, I wish I got her name. We will definitely return. This place was awesome and the price was right!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My family just buried our mom and decided to use Mick's Banquet room for a luncheon afterwards. Mick himself told us its hard to predict an exact time with funerals so he expected us around 1 but if others wanted to come earlier he'd have coffee waiting. He asked us to call after funeral and then again after burial. When we called he was very rude and said "I don't have anyone here nothing I can do ". As people started to arrive. All the doors were locked. We had several elderly folks in walkers and using canes. He left us waiting in the parking lot for 30 min!!! When he finally unlocked the door he started to walk away without a word. He yelled at my brother in law "don't shake your head at me. I don't appreciate all the phone calls". I am outraged at his behavior. Not a single apology. Oh and we waited another 30 minutes for food. We were grieving have just buried our mom and this is the customer service this so called business man gives us?? I will never step foot in there again. Oh and the kicker ...... We was high school friends with my sister in law (who picked this spot because she knew him). We are embarrassed for our guests and furious

9  Thank Rehobothfamily