“Go for crabs!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mick's Crab House
Ranked #52 of 87 Restaurants in Elkton
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Go for crabs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time in 2 weeks we ate at Micks. We pass this place often and never stopped. Now we are hooked. The freshest crabs and shrimp. Stephanie our waitress recommended the 'drunken shrimp' yum-O. They cook them in white wine and I don't know what else but oh so good. We shared the crab pretzel appetizer which was entirely too much for one person. The hard shells were as fresh as can be. Stop here and ask for Stephanie.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank roseynan

“Run down, rude staff, events and banquets stay away!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Writing this review from Bentley's their banquet facility. Terribly rude staff. Building is run down. Not a feasible venue for event over 30 people. Greek organizations stay away!!! They will treat you with very little respect!! If you have the misfortune of using this facility bring your own DJ. It is worth the extra money the vebue will charge you!!

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank blizzastorm
Elkton, Maryland, United States
“Seafood done right. FINEALLY FRESH SEAFOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been going to Mick's since they opened a while ago. the crabs there have always been very good as well as the service. They intorduced a dine in menu that at 1st was just ok. BUT here lately the food has been fantastic you can tell that there is a new chef in the kitchen I have been there at least 3 times in the past few weeks and everytime the food was spot on. Was nice to get good side dishes for once. They have definately stepped up thier game with the Howard house now gone I belive they could be the new go to place for your seafood cravings. I see to many bad reviews on this place and I think all of the bad reviewer need to go back and give it a second chance as the owner is doing what he can to get things moving in the right direction. Woody's you should be very concerned about this place all because you just want to turn tables these people care about thier customers Mike even came out to see how everthing is going with the meal. That was a nice personal touch give this place a shot if you want a nice relaxing atmosphere and some great food. The Crab cakes are the best way better then woodys if you ask me not to menchon the service is way better. Seriously do not underestimate this place in the least bit.

• Visited March 2013
West Grove, Pennsylvania
“Mick's needs a cleaning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were out together alone since the kids had plans. We tried Woody's in North East, but they were crowded and we did not wish to wait. We were driving down Rte. 40 when my wife noticed Mick's Crab House. Parking is plentiful, but not well lit. We were behind a large group that was going into the dining room. The hostess asked if we were there for the buffet or the dining room. Since we had never been here before, we were allowed to preview the buffet and then decide. The buffet had plenty of offerings and looked appetizing but we opted for the dining room.

The service was extremely slow. The waitress only had 3 other tables than ours and the dining room only had a party of one and a party of 4 when we were seated. We ordered our drinks and our meals and then all time seemed to stop. My wife ordered the crab Mac-n-cheese that was to have a salad and I ordered a cup of crab bisque and opted for the $20 AYCE crabs. I can understand waiting for crabs to be steamed, but my wife's salad and my bisque were not delivered until her meal and my crabs were brought to the table. We had to ask for the bisque because they forgot it.

My wife liked the crab Mac-n-cheese but felt the cheese was a bit heavy. Her salad was also good. The crab bisque was ok, but did not have much crab in it, just a few pieces laid on top. Not creamy like a bisque should be prepared. It was more like the consistency of a chowder. The crabs were very good and seasoned well. Not too heavy with the sea salt and Old Bay, but very flavorful. I had only one bad crab in the dozen that were brought to the table. Bad meaning it was a dead crab when it was steamed with the other crabs. We had to be somewhere so I could not order additional crabs. They came with a side of fries and two tiny corn bread muffins. The fries and muffins were good.

The restaurant is decorated nicely but not over done with beach materials. The floors were very dirty and the carpeting was old. They should re-carpet the floor. They have a large selection on their drink menu and the bar is well stocked. The restrooms are filthy and need to be cleaned and updated. The service is extremely slow and not attentive. Our waitress was more preoccupied spending time with a bartender/manager than checking on our table and her other 3 tables. People were commenting on needing their drinks refilled and wishing to order more crabs. Maybe just a poor employee, but it reflects the leadership of the establishment. Crabs were good and the price was right. We'll try Mick's Crab House again.

1 Thank crabman27
Elkton, Maryland
“New resturant getting better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently tried Mick’s again and was pleasantly surprised. I had a sandwich that was so good, I came back the next day to try the nachos. The lower cost bar food, sandwiches, and nachos are great. From watching other diners, the crabs looked good too. The food and service here has improved drastically since they opened last year. I’ll go back for the nachos with the real melted cheese – not cheese whiz. They have a good selection of national beers, local beers, and micro beers.

Visited September 2012

Been to Mick's Crab House? Share your experiences!