“Finally an inside crab place that doesn't gouge you”
Review of Mick's Crab House

Mick's Crab House
Ranked #42 of 88 Restaurants in Elkton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Elkton, Maryland
“Finally an inside crab place that doesn't gouge you”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Mick's is quickly becoming the go-to place for AYCE (all you can eat) crabs in Elkton. They do have a deck if you want to eat out. But they offer inside, air conditioned seating. The crabs are #2's if you order them, and #1's if you order them. There is no bait and switch, like other establishments.

So, great crabs, friendly, fast and attentive staff, and just as good a regular menu says this place will be around for a long time.

Visited May 2012

Wilmington, Delaware
“Wouldn't go again”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

My husband picked this because he wanted crabs. Granted, its November, but its his birthday, so we went. We got there early, around 6:30 on a Saturday night. Our waitress was very friendly however service was VERY slow. There may have been 6 tables occupied and we still waited 10 minutes for a drink. They had a good bottled beer list to choose from and a martini menu. I wanted a Stoli dry martini, which they didn't have so I chose another vodka. The martini came so dry I thought I was doing a shot. I went to the bar to get some olive juice. Personal preference I'm sure. We ordered mussels for an appetizer. They were mushy and very salty. Not at all good. Back to the crabs. My husband got the all you can eat $20 crabs. Now, they did ask if they could bring out the crabs early because they take so long to cook, however, I ate his basket of frys while I was waiting. They gave him 6 the first time and 7 the second. He was very happy w them. Also got a side of frys and corn bread. I ordered the snow crab legs w coleslaw. I got 3 legs which were cooked perfectly. You know this by the way they crack. Overall, if you want crabs, in season, I'm sure this place is fine. But I wouldn't go for anything else.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank kathen302
Newark, Delaware
“We were hoping it would be better”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We decided to try Mick's last Friday night for our anniversary. We wanted to try something new for seafood without driving to Woody's. We were seated right away on a Friday night. Waitress was prompt and couteous. We opted for buffalo shrimp and crab pretzels for appetizers. The Buffalo shirmp was Ok, essentially shrimp in buffalo sauce. The crab topped soft pretzels were very good and tasty. We had never had anything like that before.
My wife had the Ceasar salad and crab cake with baked beans. The salad looked more like iceberg lettuce from a bag, but she thought it was OK. She really like her crab cake and the baked beans. I had the shrimp po-boy sandwich and fries. Fries were soft and seemed to be your typical frozen ones they throw in a fryer. The Shrimp Po-Boy was average. It was just about 6 shrimp, lettuce and tomato on a bun. It really had no flavor. I was dissapointed with that.
We had sodas for drinks and our bill was about $50. The decor is nautical with seafoam green paint, which is ugly. Overall, we thought the place was average. The food was Ok and nothing special about it. We were hoping for something more from this new restaurant

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Werbrichfamily
Newark, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stuffed with crabs and surrounded by friends. Life is good!”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We have been coming to Mick's since they opened. It has an awesome atmosphere. It is a great place for friends and families to gather. It is so nice to finally have a restaurant near Newark that has great seafood. I love their all you can eat crabs. It even has nightly entertainment on weekends.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Denise and Ken L
Newark, DE
“Recommended 100%”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We had dinner at Micks last week. We ordered the all you can eat crabs, the stuffed rockfish, and my daughter had something off the kids menu. The rockfish was stuffed with crab imperial. It basically melted in my mouth! It was so good. The crabs were perfect. I wouldn't of changed anything! and...my daughter was more than happy with her plate!
Make sure you check out their outdoor seating. It was full when we got there, so we sat inside, but it looked very nice!

• Visited August 2011