“Only average ribs - some were tough and not very smokey”

Durham's Best Barbeque
Ranked #6 of 90 Restaurants in Elkton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 410) 620-6250
Description: 410) 620-6250
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We got a large rack of ribs. It certainly was large, unfortunately it was not very smokey, and some of the ribs were very tough. The sides of Baked Beans & Slaw were also pretty average.

They are in a new location, pretty much directly across the street from the old one at 90 Fletchwood Rd, and they now have some indoor seating.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The food is awesome! My favorite is the evening meal where I can get multiple smoked meats and many sides. I always go with the cornbread. It may be the best I have ever had.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

On my first visit I ordered brisket sandwich with sweet BBQ sauce. The meat was smoky-delicious and the BBQ sauce was tasty (it was in a separate plastic container rather than being put on the sandwich). I can't wait to go back to try the ribs. It was very busy when I stopped but the wait was reasonable. They kept things moving. There wasn't much room inside the building to stand and wait for the order but their new location might be a bit more comfortable for patrons.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I hesitate to write what I really think because the lines might get longer. We came near opening, 11 AM and the line was nearly out the door. I hear they're moving to larger quarters across the street. I hope they take their current grills because whatever they're doing, I wouldn't want them to change a lick. Best ribs I've ever had...period.

1  Thank gourageous
Reviewed July 18, 2013

You want to call ahead in evening to make sure they still have ribs so as to avoid massive disappointment. The beef ribs were all I thought about between my first and second visits. Great sauces as well, of course. Chicken is fine. But the ribs are so so good. Don't order thinking of baby back pork ones--these are monsters and you'll eat fewer than you expect.
Check hours before going.