“Pretty good BBQ for the north”

Durham's Best Barbeque
Ranked #6 of 95 Restaurants in Elkton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 410) 620-6250
Description: 410) 620-6250
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We found this place while evading the Delaware tolls on I-95. If you get off at the right exit, the path around the tolls will take you by Durham's best. We stopped on a cold day, which forced us to eat in our car as the outdoor tables were uninviting and there's no indoor seating. But the food was pretty good. Ribs were terriffic, and a brisket sandwich was overstuffed, a bit dry, but still tasty. Spicy sauce was good. Fries were okay, and beans were average. Canned sodas were frozen (!?), probably from being stored outside at some point. We were happy enough with Durham's because we like BBQ and because choices on an I-95 drive are limited. We will return. Note that the place is closed on Sunday.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We were overnight driving rt 95 and stayed in Elkton. We were going out to dinner and saw this place on tripadvisor. Got beet next door and great ribs(nc style sauce on the side ). Great 1/2 smoked chicken too. Sides just ok. Had cole slaw very creamy. Beans weak, corn muffin good. You will like this place if you like BBQ.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Went here a long time ago and it was fine. Went a few weeks ago and the food was awful. It took forever to order over the phone due to the person taking the order barely paying attention to me. Had a long discussion over what type of sauce they have and they asked with each sandwich what type of sauce did I want. Got home and NONE of the sandwiches had any sauce on them. I got a smoked ham sandwich and it was just 2 thick hunks of ham - nothing else on the roll, no sauce - just awful. The pork was the same way. Worst $50 I ever spent!!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I knew the family that owns this SMALL cabin off Elkton-Newark Rd., and a good friend from high school worked here. This place is NOT a restaurant--it could be considered so only because there are a few picnic tables out front, but it isn't know for its waitresses or friendly staff (though they are!). You walk into this tiny room and order, then get handed some boxes of delicious food. This is the place you go when you really want some good BBQ for a picnic or to bring home. Altogether, its just really good BBQ.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

If you are looking for authentic BBQ I guess this is the closest you will get in the Elkton area

Been to Durham's Best Barbeque? Share your experiences!